Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't buy that he wasn't available because he was ultimately traded basically 4-5 months after we got Harden.

I recall the Sixers having passive interest in De'Aron Fox anyway and the Kings did not want to part with him in the offseason. Hence, making Haliburton available in a potential trade for Simmons. It was rumored they wanted a lot of Sixers picks in return and Morey balked even though he eventually parted with the picks with the Nets. It's possible the Kings didn't want those picks conditioned. Nonetheless, Haliburton was available but Morey had his blinders on for Harden.

As far as Pompous Pompey...he hasn't been the only source.... also Haliburton thought he was going to the Sixers at one point. He saw the smoke but turned out we got the fire with Harden and got burned...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

uG5pVO.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
How are we still doing the Haliburton thing? Stop making shit up. Neubeck even talked about it on a podcast this year because it refuses to go away. There are some people who think he was available for them in some form and others who are positive the Kings never had any interest in Simmonds for Haliburton as a basis. He's been consistent in this since the time of the trade. No one knows for sure.

@trostol My wife has now been to two NBA games. The first was Embiid's 70. The second was Nuggets-Wolves Game 7. :laugh:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
why does it feel like NBA games take forever...they really need to do something to speed this shit up

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So is KAT really unplayable late in games?
I really do not know why he wasn’t out there

Also not sure if the moment is too big or he is hurt or if he is trying to compensate for his teammates vanishing, but Ant has looked awful

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
if this moment(WCF) is too big for the Wolves..how did they think they'd fare if the got to the actual finals

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Assuming a Dallas v Boston Final, Boston probably has the stronger roster but if the games are close Dallas has the two best players in Luka and Kyrie. They could win the series.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Too lazy to look but it would have to be extraordinarily rare for a team (Dallas in this instance) with the 10th ranked ORTG and 18th DRTG (or worse combinations) to win the Finals.

Boston is ranked 1st and 3rd respectively.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
One of the best college players ever, and I will never forget him leading the destruction comeback against the Sixers in the 77 finals

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad