OT: The Pauser

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Mainstream media will never allow direct criticism live on air about the team during the season or about certain subjects.

It is like the media in the states right now, for or against. Controlled.

Hardly any of the media is neutral. If one is deemed neutral it is attacked by both sides.

Same in the NHL now. They own the media rights and content and any podcasts are named to be by lunatics and fanatical idiots that can't possibly know anything about hockey or running a business. 30+ years of running minor hockey or junior teams is irrelevant.
If a fan has an opinion they should keep it to themselves, ideas and thoughts not required just a fat wallet.
Honesty will be parked at the door.

This guy was a bit of a loose cannon but he was listened to and got air time, maybe because the host's secretly agreed somewhat but were censured from saying anything themselves.

CDC censored and blocked any reasonable negative comments, even just posting the standings was worthy of not only blocking that poster but entire branches of the armed forces at one time because of the IP address.

It is much worse today, hired astro surfers, marketers to twist information of the content to the preferred message. And just trolls

• Wow
Reactions: Hollywood Burrows

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I remember, but memory is fading. Sedims for olli jokinen + who? Was this the guy who was the lawyer and gave long and pedantic legal responses? Or am I confusing it with another poster?
If I recall that was the poster who now goes by y2k, who's original username was thepauser but had no relation to the guy in the thread title who called into radio talk shows - and I have no idea what his thoughs on the Sedins were.

The old lawyer you're thinking about was Wetcoaster.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If I recall that was the poster who now goes by y2k, who's original username was thepauser but had no relation to the guy in the thread title who called into radio talk shows - and I have no idea what his thoughs on the Sedins were.

I put Y2K on my ignore list a decade ago and it's been a blessing to not hear from that *******.
The Sedans for Olli Jokinen was around in the late 2000's, imagine if that trade went down.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I put Y2K on my ignore list a decade ago and it's been a blessing to not hear from that *******.
The Sedans for Olli Jokinen was around in the late 2000's, imagine if that trade went down.
Actually one of the big rumours was the Sedins for Rick Nash+

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ahh yes. Wet was not at all as bad. . Apologies to him for the confusion. When I listened to the vid in the op voice reminds me of Phil Hellmuth

You nailed it. I knew that voice reminded me of someone but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Similar temperaments too lol

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Back when we had a few hockey games for posters, Y2K came and played. In person he was much calmer and reasonable than his postings. He also was not a strong player. IIRC the player who was strongest was Mr Canucklehead.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
funny, i remember this guy as a poster back in the day, but had no awareness that he was a radio personality, or even that he'd died frankly. Weird how time spent in a hockey forum can be a black hole...

Reactions: John Belushi

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Back when we had a few hockey games for posters, Y2K came and played. In person he was much calmer and reasonable than his postings. He also was not a strong player. IIRC the player who was strongest was Mr Canucklehead.

No, it was Mr. C's relative. Although Mr. C was no slouch. I actually went out drinking with y2k a few times about a decade ago, I'd say his opinions are still very strong but all in all he's a good enough dude. He also took the pic of me at Cambie Bridge when Kes+Juice did their road hockey game during the lockout.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I thought Y2K was a good poster. Opinionated, certainly, and sometimes aggressive in defending a position, but I have no sense that he argued in bad faith (and there is a bit of that going around sometimes).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
funny, i remember this guy as a poster back in the day, but had no awareness that he was a radio personality, or even that he'd died frankly. Weird how time spent in a hockey forum can be a black hole...

Where did he post? I only knew him as a caller.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
2 different pausers. One was the caller, the other changed his name to Y2K and was very active on here up till say Covid.
yeah i remember that i think

anyone remember the Cornflake's hockeyboard?
i think that was a precursor to this one ... prob 25 years ago now

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It wasn't a trade IIRC, it was not retaining the Sedins and replacing them in free agency with Olli Jokinen and Mike Cammalleri.

I’ve realized that this might not go without saying, so just wanted to point out also that the reason they were supposed to make this switch was because Jokinen and Cammaleri would produce more unique points than the Sedins.

Reactions: Indiana

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I’ve realized that this might not go without saying, so just wanted to point out also that the reason they were supposed to make this switch was because Jokinen and Cammaleri would produce more unique points than the Sedins.
He clarified by saying that he would've kept Henrik and not signed Daniel, but that wasn't feasible.

Anyway, we all posted dumb shit when we were young. Maybe he's grown since then.

• Love

lawrence

May 19, 2012
besides don Cherry, Mark Spector and these anti Canuck hacks saying shit, whats the dumbest thing you guys remember hearing a professional host say?

If I remember, Dan Russel not liking the Sedins being picked and suggested we should have went with Pavel Brendl and Jumie Lundmark or something, if I remember correctly.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
He clarified by saying that he would've kept Henrik and not signed Daniel, but that wasn't feasible.

Anyway, we all posted dumb shit when we were young. Maybe he's grown since then.

Did he clarify that, like, three weeks later, or did he clarify that in like 2017?

• Haha
Reactions: God

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

I can verify all of that.

And I can can assure you poster Pauser always hated the Sedins.

First he said they would never make it as top forwards.

Afterwards, he was just always very critical of them.

Both Paus and Wettie were regulars at old CanucksCentral.

Going back around 23 years.

Wettie got into a MASSIVE angry debate with another lawyer and left.

Pauser left after a few guys mocked him for being overemotional.

(for some reason he was extremely upset when Steve Irwin died)

I didn't like Wettie much, but I did like The Pauser.

I think it was his honesty and how he stuck to his guns.

Decent sense of humour too.

What happened to him?

anyone remember the Cornflake's hockeyboard?
i think that was a precursor to this one ... prob 25 years ago now
Speaking of exCentralites!

How's it going NYVF?

Yes, I posted at Cornflakes...

• Love

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
besides don Cherry, Mark Spector and these anti Canuck hacks saying shit, whats the dumbest thing you guys remember hearing a professional host say?

If I remember, Dan Russel not liking the Sedins being picked and suggested we should have went with Pavel Brendl and Jumie Lundmark or something, if I remember correctly.
Dan Russell has apparently relocated to Thailand. Source: Brook Ward on one of the recent SN650 shows.

Reactions: Lindgren

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I grew up on him, but I remember Don Taylor said after the Sedins between-the-legs goal vs Calgary that maybe some players will try and take a run at them in the playoffs for showboating. 16-year old me knew the logic did not follow there.

@I am toxic literally dying, great idea :laugh:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
We'd have had to name a recurring Sedin thread after him.

Y2K's Why the Two Sedins' Points were not Unique
It was like one of those conspiracy theories where you realize the person with the theory is just fundamentally misunderstanding something, but that misunderstanding puts them so far from a frame of reference where you could potentially explain it that you can't figure out how.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad