The "Panic about Matt Duchene" thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
I think it has pretty much risen to the levels of officially being called "Benchgate". We will be talking about this for years to come.
And the local radio guys continue to have fun with this. They were discussing Dater's latest tweet just now:

Duchene doesn't practice today. They're calling it a maintenance day. Expected to play tomorrow

Except the guys on the radio were claiming that different words were used initially, saying that Duchene had to undergo a "day of reflection" today. :laugh:

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com
Why would you even make this thread when he had top 6 scorer numbers last year when he was 18 and it's very common to have a sophmore slump in the nhl? I guess you just hit the panic button anytime things are going wrong.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Kings fan here:

Matt Duchene is going to be GREAT. His hockey smarts and play making ability are already there, his body is just still not there where he can do all the things he wants to do on the ice.

Frankly, I'm jealous of your team in a lot of ways and be thankful that Duchene is not have a Tylers Myers-esque sophmore season. He's going to be more than fine, just wait.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kings fan here:

Matt Duchene is going to be GREAT. His hockey smarts and play making ability are already there, his body is just still not there where he can do all the things he wants to do on the ice.

Frankly, I'm jealous of your team in a lot of ways and be thankful that Duchene is not have a Tylers Myers-esque sophmore season. He's going to be more than fine, just wait.

I guess you have to settle for that Doughty guy. ;)

AyVee

Jan 28, 2009
Springs
Waffles turn over the puck way too much, plus they're soft as butter

Waffles + Cumiskey + conditional 3rd to St. Louis for Brewer, a 7th rounder, and the 1999 Central Division banner

This.
Though personally I'd take Pancakes over Waffles any day.
Players like Waffles are everywhere, Pancakes are more rare to have on one's plate.
Add Syrup to either of those however, and you get sweet sexy magic.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
That doesn't bode well...

What are you talking about? Tank Plan 2010-2011 is well under way. :yo: Hopefully this tank plan bolds better than Tank Plan 2008-2009. Stupid plan! Only got us 3rd overall bust Duchene instead of Hype Machine Tavares!!

DU Pioneers

Oct 30, 2010
This thread is weak and senseless. Matt Duchene is developing just fine, in a year or two he will be more in control of his raw skill. There is a world of difference between 19-20/21 folks.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
This thread is weak and senseless. Matt Duchene is developing just fine, in a year or two he will be more in control of his raw skill. There is a world of difference between 19-20/21 folks.

OT: I was being sarcastic. ;) I know he'll be fine just teasing people who say he'll be a bust and poking the whole "sky is falling" atmosphere.

E: In another note I reread your post and saw you wrote "this THREAD". Missed that part. Ops. :laugh:

DU Pioneers

Oct 30, 2010
OT: I was being sarcastic. ;) I know he'll be fine just teasing people who say he'll be a bust and poking the whole "sky is falling" atmosphere.

E: In another note I reread your post and saw you wrote "this THREAD". Missed that part. Ops. :laugh:

I got it ;-).

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Is this thread for real?? A "bust" ???

People that think that would be fired as a gm in about ten seconds. Same story with Taylor hall in Edmonton. These kids need time to develop. If you expect a sophomore player to score eighty points, your unrealistic, I don't care how high they were drafted.

Dutch does however need to learn to play an NHL game. The dangles and one vs one crap has got to stop. He's playing a minor league game in the bigs, and it doesn't work. Gotta use his teammates more and stop trying the hero stuff.

He will be ok tho. Be patient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad