The Out of Town Thread part LVI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
No Howard isn't a big goalie. I don't mean big in size, I mean in BIG GAME PLAYA material

Subban is BIG GAME PLAYA
Gally is BIG GAME PLAYA
HALAK is BIG GAMA PLAYA
SAKIC IS BIG GAME PLAYA
etc...

some players are, some players aren't... for example Big JOE thornton is not considered a big game playa

Stop generalizing:
Price has had numerous "big game performances" in his career, as has Joe.

That being said, that doesn't excuse Price's terrible performances, he NEEDS to rebound.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Stop generalizing:
Price has had numerous "big game performances" in his career, as has Joe.

That being said, that doesn't excuse Price's terrible performances, he NEEDS to rebound.

It's been 8 years since he got drafted, he has won 1 NHL playoff round.

Stop defending him. Put up or shut up

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Love the logic, him winning only one round automatically in your mind entails that the Canadiens have not advanced because of him, which of course, overlooks every other reason why the Canadiens have not done well in the playoffs over the last 20 years.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Love the logic, him winning only one round automatically in your mind entails that the Canadiens have not advanced because of him, which of course, overlooks every other reason why the Canadiens have not done well in the playoffs over the last 20 years.

Price made RJ HAMBURGER look like Sidney Crosby and Lionel Messi in one player.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Price made RJ HAMBURGER look like Sidney Crosby and Lionel Messi in one player.

And yet was absolutely fantastic against the Bruins in 10-11, but didn't win the series.

I understand, it's really hard to analyze a game beyond what the goaltenders do.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

I'm not defending him; we need to be rational about this.

Price has been big in the WJC, Calder Cup, and game 7 vs Boston as a rookie..

He has been very inconsistent in the last while, and has been average at best in the playoffs.

But we KNOW he has the talent to play at an elite level, and we KNOW he has put it together for big game situations.

We live or die with Price because of this.

Anyways, back to Anaheim vs Detroit.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site

Again where did I say it?

I said DO YOU GUYS SEE WHAT A BIG SAVE IS (BECAUSE HILLER MADE ONE) and a BIG GOALIE (refering to how Price is considered "elite") should be able to make big saves which he doesn't.

Nice try though!

I just said Price is NOT A BIG GAME PLAYA and then in the smae thread I said "HILLER IS NOT BETTER" so if Hiller is not better it means he's clearly not a big game playa!

Nice try! :laugh:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Red Wings win in OT on the PP because of a stupid penalty taken by Souray late in the 3rd.

Soft goal by Hiller, I guess he isn't a big game player.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Can every thread not be a Price thread guys?

Take the Price discussion to the Price thread or the PGT. Don't take the rest of the forum down with it please.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Starting to dislike the quality of posts from people on these forums. Primarily out of towners. Delusion, trolling and pure stupidity in regards to some things. It becomes worse when our own fanbase is all over the place too. Makes me wonder if I'll stick around past this playoff.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
That was a nice setup for the game winner in OT.

yup, and a pretty bad play by anaheim closing in on Filpula and ignoring Nyquist. They almost killed it.

Well, let's hope we do like the wings and tie this series up even though it looks like we have huge obstacles to overcome. Playoffs, anything is possible and I still think our team has the edge despite missing the Norse God in my avy. Time for Chucky to shine. I just hope he starts looking at the net when he shoots. Always with his head down when he has such great aim. Head up, rip it top corner or a sick pass to Gally for a one timer.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Okay...I don't want to have to be trigger happy, but this is the Out of Town thread, stop trying to derail it.

If you want to talk about Price there's like 10 other threads to do so already. It would be nice to be able to discuss other playoff series without everything revolving around Price.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Starting to dislike the quality of posts from people on these forums. Primarily out of towners. Delusion, trolling and pure stupidity in regards to some things. It becomes worse when our own fanbase is all over the place too. Makes me wonder if I'll stick around past this playoff.

Seriously, it's getting seriously crappy..

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Caps got hot at the right moment in the season. Though I wonder how much of it is a streak or how much of it is the team adjusting to the new coaching.

Ovi seems to have re-discovered his extra gear.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario

Seriously, it's getting seriously crappy..

Yep I have to agree. It used to be fun and informal talk on these boards....Not so much anymore.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Here's a little something to lighten the mood:

oops_medium.gif

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

I'm with you man. I can understand the frustration (more so the Eller injury than last night's loss), but people use the forum to vent off, which creates such terrible quality in posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad