The Out of Town Thread CVIII - Free Agency Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Do you guys think that any of these remaining forwards UFAs could help out our top six/scoring problems.

Alex Semin-
Brad Boyes
Eric Fehr-
Lee Stempniak-
Jiri Tlusty-
Sean Bergenheim-
Mike Santorelli-
Derek Roy-
Curtis Glencross-
Marcel Goc-
Jarrett Stoll-
Tomas Fleischmann-
Martin Erat-
David Moss-
Michael Ryder-
Steve Bernier-
Stephen Weiss-
Scottie Upshall-

Semin by a mile. And then, assuming of course that contracts don't matter, you play

Semin - Galchenyuk - Scherbak

and giggle all the way to the bank

But back in the real world we don't giggle. We instead obsess on why Galchenyuk hasn't signed yet, and continue to work on our DD voodoo dolls (lifesize of course)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Semin by a mile. And then, assuming of course that contracts don't matter, you play

Semin - Galchenyuk - Scherbak

and giggle all the way to the bank

But back in the real world we don't giggle. We instead obsess on why Galchenyuk hasn't signed yet, and continue to work on our DD voodoo dolls (life size of course)

Agree on Semin by a mile just not on the line you have. You'd need someone defensive miinded if you put him on a line with Chucky IMO. Scherbak isn't there yet even though his defencive game has come a long way in Junior.

I'd say something closer to:

Patches Plex Gally
DLR Chucky Semin
DD Eller Kassian
Weise Mitchell Flynn

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I didn't even realize Ryder was a UFA. 6 goals in 47 games last year, what happened to him? He scored 35 just a couple of years ago.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
DLR is a good 3-4 liner and is boring like mud.. I don't see why we kept him over some potentiel scorer like Ghetto..

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Just for arguments sake, guys I can think of that I'd take over Reilly:

Olli Maata
Seth Jones
Hampus Lindholm
Aaron Ekblad
John Klingberg
Jonas Brodin
Rasmus Ristolainen
Jacob Trouba

Maybe Sami Vatanen

Justin Faulk
Dougie Hamilton
Tyson Barrie

I wouldn't take Ristolainen over him though and I think Vatanen just turned 24, so he's closer to Subban, Doughty, Karlsson's age than Rielly's.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I didn't even realize Ryder was a UFA. 6 goals in 47 games last year, what happened to him? He scored 35 just a couple of years ago.

I think his age is catching up to him along with the style the Devils play. Ryder's skating during his lockout season with us wasn't too impressive and he's slowed down even more since then. He can still shoot but his speed is starting to fade and playing with a defensive oriented team doesn't help much either.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A team should be going to Seattle before Vegas and Quebec. It's really silly they didn't pursue expansion there. The market is big and currently untapped and the city has a lot of money/corporate potential. It's also close proximity to places like BC and California, which would easily generate some rivalries. The fans are passionate, look at the Seahawks and Sounders. It's also a desirable place to live.

Maybe it makes too much sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A team should be going to Seattle before Vegas and Quebec. It's really silly they didn't pursue expansion there. The market is big and currently untapped and the city has a lot of money/corporate potential. It's also close proximity to places like BC and California, which would easily generate some rivalries. The fans are passionate, look at the Seahawks and Sounders. It's also a desirable place to live.

Maybe it makes too much sense.

Well it also costs a crap load to own a hockey team and it's not like there's a bunch of folks that can just commit to bringing an expansion team..

If Québecor can make it happen..it would be great to have the diques back. ;)

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Well it also costs a crap load to own a hockey team and it's not like there's a bunch of folks that can just commit to bringing an expansion team..

If Québecor can make it happen..it would be great to have the diques back. ;)

They have 3 potential owners but they are waiting on Chris Hanson to bring the Sonics back so they cxn share an arena. The cost of the team isn't the stumbling block , it's the arena Hanson won't build it till he moves an NBA team or gets expansion. Would be great for me. Only 1.5 hours from Seattle. Extra habs game

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Going from memory

Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Geoffrion-Eller-Leblanc
Darche-Nokelainen-Blunden
Staubitz, White

Markov-Subban
Emelin- Gorges
Campoli-St Denis

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

vs

PAcioretty - DD - Gallagher ------ Similar
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Kassian ------ Slightly better
DLR- Eller - Weise ------ Way better
Flynn - Mitchell - DSP ------- Way better
Bournival, Thomas

Markov - Subban ----- Same
Beaulieu - Petry ----- Slightly better
Emelin - Gilbert ------ Way better
Tinordi -Pateryn

Price ------ Same
Tokarski ------ Similar

Bergevin has been great for the depth improvement, but the top still need help.

You forgot Moen, Kaberle, Gomez. Granted not much but Moen at least was still good back then.

And really the fact that we are just slightly better then a team who had just traded everything they could for picks is exactly the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad