The Out of Town - Losing to your own zamboni driver - Thread Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Bowmeester is at an Anaheim hospital conscious and alert. He's undergoing more testing. And the Blues will have an update tomorrow.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am seeing on Twitter that St Louis radio saying they used a defibrillator on him. That is absolutely terrifying.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
the JBO incident was scary , we are seeing a ton of incidents with energy drinks and athletes having heart issues, I am curious to see if there is anything of a pattern here with this. Hyperkalemia is real, and is killing young people. Athletes are seeing really shocking heart and health issues because of this energy drink fad. I know this is all speculation but its frightening to see healthy people dropping these days.

Hope he's ok.

On a side note, glad to see Toronto hand the game to the Leafs, with that BS goalie interference call, allowing the leafs to win.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
the JBO incident was scary , we are seeing a ton of incidents with energy drinks and athletes having heart issues, I am curious to see if there is anything of a pattern here with this. Hyperkalemia is real, and is killing young people. Athletes are seeing really shocking heart and health issues because of this energy drink fad. I know this is all speculation but its frightening to see healthy people dropping these days.

Hope he's ok.

On a side note, glad to see Toronto hand the game to the Leafs, with that BS goalie interference call, allowing the leafs to win.

Wait, did they say this was due to energy drinks?

Are there some new ephedra substitutes they I don't know about?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Stable condition for Jay. I know it's a passion, but at 36 years old, you won a Cup, easier said than actually doing it....but you have to contemplate retirement at one point for your health.....

Peterpl

Feb 12, 2020

:rolleyes:

Are you seriously trying to say if that goal was ALLOWED against Carey Price to win a game you would have no issues with it?

You would not complain about it?

Give me a break :rolleyes:

This whole forum would crash and burn, and you would be the first one complaining about it,

If I have ever seen the definition of goalie interference that was it, the goalie was in his crease,

Your only complaining because you wanted Arizona to win, and you know it

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We were unlucky enough to get a top 3 in a very weak draft (Galchenyuk), and it remains to be seen how Kotka develops. Also, leafs lose in OT thankfully :)
Kotka was rated at about 17th by Central Scouting.

Habs took him 3rd. :laugh:

Reactions: Peterpl

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Hope he's ok.

Thanks man !

Energy drinks are off my list.

Reactions: Habs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Those defibrillators are life savers. I remember the Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov died in '08 because there was no defibrillator in the arena where he collapsed.

A friend of mine owns a company that sells and maintains defibs and gives government approved courses. He opened my eyes to how many places are in complete denial. My gym doesn't have any safety equipment; when I mentioned it the manager gave me this blank stare like I'd asked it they carry men's suits.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A friend of mine owns a company that sells and maintains defibs and gives government approved courses. He opened my eyes to how many places are in complete denial. My gym doesn't have any safety equipment; when I mentioned it the manager gave me this blank stare like I'd asked it they carry men's suits.
:thumbu: Im going to ask the owner of my gym. See if he does the same thing.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017

Are you seriously trying to say if that goal was ALLOWED against Carey Price to win a game you would have no issues with it?

This whole forum would crash and burn, and you would be the first one complaining about it,

If I have ever seen the definition of goalie interference that was it, the goalie was in his crease,

The feeling is toronto has screwed us more than our fair share on these interference calls. They almost always cost games. That's the issue.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I sometimes lurk on the boards of other fanbases, and my impression is that every fanbase thinks that both of the referees and the main HF boards are biased against their team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kotka was rated at about 17th by Central Scouting.

Habs took him 3rd. :laugh:

How did you get that 17th ranking when central scouting separates North American and European rankings? And I believe their rankings were last updated in mid April. That's over 2 months before the draft.

Habs reached 2 picks to take KK when the waive of talent from 3-10 was very similar. Nice try

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
As a neutral observer (neither a Habs nor a Leafs fan) who happened to tune into the overtime of ARI@TOR hockey game last night I thought that goalie interference call was spot on. A lot of the time I can't even say with much certainty whether I agree or disagree with those, but this one seemed clear cut to me at least.

Reactions: Peterpl

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002

I've been fair about the interference calls, I hate that call when its utter BS. There was no interference on that play at all, nothing. Its clearly the Toronto bias coming through. Look at that play, there wasn't an ounce of interference that hindered in him making a save, nothing.

If that was Price I would tell him to shut up and make the save. I don't defend the goalies in the interference department much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad