The Ottawa Senators Clapper-Man

Lexicon Devil

Apr 21, 2002
Yeah, I thought this thread would be about this guy:

guy.png

... but now i'll be sure to keep an eye out for both of them.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
yes... i know about crazy clapping man

theres a cast of characters that the senators camera crew seem to rotate around...

anyone have more info on the mom and son (maybe like 10?) that they show cheering when goals are scored?

they don't have the quaint charm of the other "super-fans" but it's still nice to see them at every home game

we need to start flying them around to away games as well... they are talismans

Kal99

Aug 22, 2008
Folks,

This guys isnt an unofficial cheerleader (like Cameron Hughes).
I've seen him numerous times before this year and last.
He just happens to have season tickets located next to a TV camera location.

SBP has a lot of colorful fans in attendance that never get on TV because they're either too drunk..or not close enough to a camera!

Whenver the Sens score, the TV broadcast usually tries to get a few crowd reactions. Since the cameras are located in fixed locations throughout the arena, the same people usually get on quite often...like that guy!

I noticed the same thing happens when they either go to, or come back from a commercial break. They usualy show the same 3-4 cute, blond five year-olds mugging for the camera! Same thing for that section that always has huge sens flags waving. They always get on.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yeah I thought it was Max Keeping at first hahaha

I just never even questioned it. Ive seen Keeping in person without the makeup as Im sure many of you have, and its not a pretty sight.

Always just assumed there was no other reason for this Max Keeping look-alike to get this type of air time unless it actually was Max Keeping.

Regardless, I just watched the videos posted on this thread and Im at school laughing to myself like an idiot.

We shall boweth down to you Lord Clapper Man....

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Didn't know where to put this.

He seems so happy but has nobody to share his moment

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i'm trying to place that guy's face. i'm certain i've seen him before somewhere - possibly at another sens game at the bell center.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry for the bump, but it is funny that he is still there 3 years later.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
lol... what is this?
the guy looks like an avatar. same face, updated jersey.
he obviously doesnt exist
:sarcasm:

quagmire quar

May 26, 2008
NV
The fat guy in the black third with the gold trim is on TV just about every game, and has been for YEARS. Always looks the same.

Haha, he was my neighbor growing up. I didn't really like him as a kid but enjoy seeing him tv now. Makes Ottawa feel closer.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There's another older guy who always wears the black and gold third jersey that they zoom into a lot this season. I've thought if they are going to give him his close up, they should comp him a free updated jersey.

Edit: Scrolled up, glad to see it was mentioned. It always made me felt like I was in the Truman show and they were running out of extras or something.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
If they can, they have never told me that...but I aint no rich man 100 STH. Im sure there are people that spend more on a handful of games than I do on a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad