The Olli Jokinen Appreciation Thread

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
No. Huge mistake.

Get a pick, I don't care what pick, ANY pick.

Sign a center in FA for 1 year similar to Santo/Winnik and get ANOTHER pick from them at the deadline.

Rinse and repeat for the next couple years

if we can flip him before the deadline, we can do that and still sign him in the off-season. but i don't think anyone is going to want him. if someone offers us a 7th, I'm happier just keeping him on the team and seeing how he meshes with our players and then look at signing him to an extension if it looks like we might need him for next year.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
If we cant find a taker for him at the deadline then so be it , means nobody wants him. I would be happy with Jokinen playing out the remaining season with us as a 1c or 2c

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
If we cant find a taker for him at the deadline then so be it , means nobody wants him. I would be happy with Jokinen playing out the remaining season with us as a 1c or 2c

I think the most likely scenario is they play Jokinen behind Kadri for the rest of the year, and sign a FA 2nd line centerman.

Tyler Biggs*

The key is Leipsic and another first rounder.

Olli will either be traded or he's ufa so gone after this season. We get a 1st so now have 2 and we can use that to maybe trade up in the draft if we need 2 and also get a prospect for 2 ufa's

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
Whether they trade Jokenen or not, I am impressed with Ollie's professionalism. He has been a great example of what an NHL player should be like as far as his on and off ice behaviour. For example, in his interview, a reporter asks him if he is disappointed to be traded to a losing team like Toronto and Ollie replied that it is just an honour to play in the NHL and Toronto is an original 6 team and a first class organization.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
I think Olli is going to be great! He needs to be a centreman to be most successful but I think he'll pleasantly surprise until the deadline and get shipped

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Damn. I feel even more bad for Jokinen now.

Hodge on TSN doing some Olli trivia. He's apparently been in 1 single NHL playoff series since being drafted in 1997.

Gets traded from the top team to Leafs......poor guy hahaha.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
This thread should take its place among other Leafs great threads such as;

The Martin Skoula Appreciation Thread

&

The Olaf Kolzig Appreciation Thread

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Feel bad for the guy. At the tail end of a long, long career and he's finally on a contender then is traded just before the deadline to the Leafs

Ha yeah that would suck but he has regressed pretty bad. Either that or he is just playing hurt. He will also probably be traded, waived or sent down to minors, because I don't really know what they would be able to get for him if anything.

Tyler Biggs*

They are playing him in hopes that he plays well so they can trade him for a draft pick at the deadline..

Jokinen was a salary dump by the Preds, while the Leafs intend to trade him to a playoff contending team looking for depth by the March 2nd deadline.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
leafs should give him to a contender team for "future consideration". let this guy get into a playoff game to end his career. he isnt going to make a difference for toronto right now. might as well hook a guy up

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
leafs should give him to a contender team for "future consideration". let this guy get into a playoff game to end his career. he isnt going to make a difference for toronto right now. might as well hook a guy up

Honestly this would be the best option. Its not like we need him anyway.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
jokinen had some jump to him. but yeah, i dont mind if we give him away for nothing. 1200 nhl games and only 6 playoff games is a travesty, the man deserves to be on a contender (albeit on the 3rd/4th line)

Durkin67

So we also got him. He's 36, and he used to have a bunch of skill, but he's only got 6 points in 48 games with Nashville this year. Also a UFA on a 2.5 million dollar contract. What do you think we could get for him, especially if we retain half his contract for the rest of the season? I also think seeing him not playing on the 4th line will help him out a little bit...

On a separate note, I think we finally see Panik in the top 6 full time now, and we could see a Bozak deal coming soon.

One game and he has an "appreciation" thread?

Ok...

I appreciate his honesty and candour regarding the negative energy surrounding the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad