The Olli Jokinen Appreciation Thread

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So we also got him. He's 36, and he used to have a bunch of skill, but he's only got 6 points in 48 games with Nashville this year. Also a UFA on a 2.5 million dollar contract. What do you think we could get for him, especially if we retain half his contract for the rest of the season? I also think seeing him not playing on the 4th line will help him out a little bit...

On a separate note, I think we finally see Panik in the top 6 full time now, and we could see a Bozak deal coming soon.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well he's pissed off that he's coming here, so he'll either play like God - so he can be traded out of here, or continue to play like crap, which helps us crash and burn.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Have you seen his stats lol

Who is going to want him

Someone will. He's only a couple of seasons removed from a 60 point season and he had a decent season last year in Winterpeg.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Someone will. He's only a couple of seasons removed from a 60 point season and he had a decent season last year in Winterpeg.

Salary is quite high though, I hope to pawn him off for a pick however more likely he rides out the season

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
either a 6/7th or as cap hit weight in another trade just like Nashville used him. Thats my guess.

I'd rather let him play and solidify losing even more. He is one of the worst players in the NHL this year

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Olli :laugh: Now this gif belongs to us too (not mentioned in the trade thread):

87Sl6h.jpg

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Feel bad for the guy. At the tail end of a long, long career and he's finally on a contender then is traded just before the deadline to the Leafs

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 27m27 minutes ago
Let's just say Olli Jokinen was less than thrilled to hear he had been traded to the Leafs.

The "Let's just say" part indicates that he is ****ing pissed.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Im buying his jersey :). If he does get flipped I don't think we will get anything, unless its to a team that wants a player who has experience and can move up and down the lineup.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
well he's pissed off that he's coming here, so he'll either play like God - so he can be traded out of here, or continue to play like crap, which helps us crash and burn.

So what you are saying is regardless of HOW he plays us fans who want to tank win?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Hahahaha

Angry Olli. Maybe he'll just yell at everyone in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad