The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If the oilers did not have McDrai they too would struggle to attract / retain free agents. Everything is about them. When they are gone it will sting for Oiler fans too.
and yet, they do have McDrai. The hypothetical doesn't matter.

if Vancouver slapped in the middle of a prairie nobody would want to be there, and yet, it's on the coast.

Doesn't sound like they'll be gone anytime soon, so don't fret!

Reactions: PuckG and McAsuno

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
And yet you did regress. Nashville had a better record than Vancouver after October. So did Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado, Winnipeg . The division win is a mirage and nothing more - and I'll take a Campbell Bowl over a division win any day of the week.

You lost Lindholm, Zadorov, Cole, and Mikheyev and replaced them with DeBrusk, Desharnais, Derek Forbort, and the playoff ghost that is Danton Heinen. Downgrades abound.

Kane is about our 8th best forward now.

ok and? those two teams were desperate in the 2nd half while the Canucks were on cruise control.

what happened to the Preds in the playoffs?

Kane would not even make our team. we have a better version in Joshua. :naughty:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Amazing thread. Well done by the typical same old usual suspects in Oilers-related threads, go figure.
Same old narratives on the Oilers D being so apparently bad despite how well they've been after Knoblauch took over. How lazy are your narratives? I'm surprised I haven't seen or heard 'Oilers are a one line team' to fit your false narratives once again.

Oilers top players injured in the finals? Just plain excuses! Players like Demko injured? Well, that's okay! :):):):)
Stars gonna destroy the Oilers easily because of their superior depth. Yep?
Panthers will sweep the Oilers because the Oilers suck. Oilers took them to G7 finals from a 0-3 deficit and lost. Are they supposed to sit back and chillax on the offense knowing their team was only 2 goals away from winning the cup, especially with their top 2 players being injured and the team being gassed out?
Now there's a random sens fan by himself yapping in the past pages about how the sen players are significantly better than the Oilers and have some selke potential player in their team. WTF are you even smoking?
How miserable do some of you have to be?

On paper, adding two top 6 legitimate scoring wingers to the Oilers whom have both potted 20+ goals seasons that already has a top 6 that involves McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, and RNH makes them legitimately better. Draisaitl finally has actual top 6 scoring wingers on his line rather than the corpses of Yamamotos, Kahuns, a injury-plagued Kane, a Holloway who's still in the process of being a top 6 player, and etc, which in return lessens the scoring burden on both McDavid and Draisaitl. How comical that logic or common sense can't even be used by some of your brains, lmao.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
ok and? those two teams were desperate in the 2nd half while the Canucks were on cruise control.

Kane would not even make our team. we have a better version in Joshua. :naughty:
they were on such cruise control they saw their division lead go from 18 points to 5, and then you lost to us in the playoffs despite being up 3-2. Sad.

Joshua is Zack Kassian 2.0. That contract made me so happy.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
the Canucks according to edmn fan logic have downgraded.

Sherwood > Lafferty
Heinen > Mikheyev
DeBrusk > Lindholm (DeBrusk is the better finisher and younger)
Forbort = Cole. both are slow af but at least the other one doesn't score on his own team.
Zadorov > Desharnais

but Zadorov is supposedly trash according to oil fans so it's not much of a downgrade.

:popcorn:

f***ing good for you. Is this a thread that involves the canucks or their defense? I didn't know a thread that has the Oilers offense as the topic somehow involving the canucks. How much of a inferiority complex do you honestly have?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
f***ing good for you. Is this a thread that involves the canucks or their defense? I didn't know a thread that has the Oilers offense as the topic somehow involving the canucks. How much of a inferiority complex do you honestly have?
This.

also Jake DeBrusk got outproduced by Warren Foegele last year despite playing four minutes more a night and getting powerplay time :laugh: monumental overpayment from the Canucks.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I mean what difference does it make, they're not one of the elite offensive teams in the league either way.

They were 12th in the league for goal scoring after their hot first 12 games or so, their goal scoring actually went down from that point on to lower than the season before.

They're not in that discussion with teams like Edmonton, Colorado, Toronto, Dallas, etc. to begin with. Those are the top offensive teams, Vancouver is not in that category.

They overachieved offensively to start the season and then reverted back to a more normalized scoring rate for most of the rest of the season.

you guys stat padded on that 16 game winning streak against bottom feeders and Hymen scoring 50 garbage goals inflated your numbers.

anyone in hockey will tell you the Canucks have high octane offence.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
you guys stat padded on that 16 game winning streak against bottom feeders and Hymen scoring 50 garbage goals inflated your numbers.

everyone in hockey is saying the Oilers had a fantastic free agency and have the best forward group in the NHL.

Reactions: McAsuno

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
A aging team of 30 somethings in decline. Kane and RNH already regressing. Henrique and Hymn and Ekholm due for same.

I bet they are bounced in round 2. Drai leaves as a UFA next summer for nothing in return.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Could've fooled the hockey world in the playoffs. 2.54 per doesn't get it done.

A fat chunk of the Canucks goals came in two games against San Jose where they scored 10 and 7 goals to boot in the regular season.

The fact is for about the last 70 games of the regular season they scored about at the same rate as the Calgary Flames, reverting backwards to below their scoring mean from the season prior.

I mean they're not awful offensively but trying to say they belong with the higher end offensive powerhouses in the league feels like a fat girl trying to force her way into a normal Victoria Secret runway.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This.

also Jake DeBrusk got outproduced by Warren Foegele last year despite playing four minutes more a night and getting powerplay time :laugh: monumental overpayment from the Canucks.

I like DeBrusk and hopes he does well (but not against us, obviously). I'd be happy if we acquired him just like how I was happy that we acquired Arvidsson. Draisaitl needed a scoring top 6 winger, and we acquired two of them in Arvidsson and Skinner. Yet here are these mouth-breathers with their "hur durrr those two suck with injury and suck defensively hur durrrr" would be the same ones yapping that the Oilers can't score unless its 97 or 29. Then again, they probably ARE the ones who been yapping over the years about the Oilers being a one line team. Talk about miserable. Edmonton is such a dump according to nuck fans, but yet, here's one of their fans who has nothing better to do living in BC than going on a Oiler thread and yapping due to his insecurity.

All I needed to see was Kulak sucks and Vincent Desharnais being paired up with Quinn Hughes is the move despite VD being a bottom pairing D man at best. Good lord.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I absolutely love that he has a picture of McDavid getting cross checked as some sort of flex.

This guy is bordering on self-parody as a Nuck fan. Checks all the boxes of their typical nonsense.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Could've fooled the hockey world in the playoffs. 2.54 per doesn't get it done.

A fat chunk of the Canucks goals came in two games against San Jose where they scored 10 and 7 goals to boot in the regular season.

The fact is for about the last 70 games of the regular season they scored about at the same rate as the Calgary Flames, reverting backwards to below their scoring mean from the season prior.

I mean they're not awful offensively but trying to say they belong with the higher end offensive powerhouses in the league feels like a fat girl trying to force her way into a normal Victoria Secret runway.
Don't let facts get in the way. Just like how Dakota Joshua having a super high shooting % is still going to keep going next season, apparently. Nuck fans remind me of the flame fans from the 2014-2015 season. Just a team that was inflated by high shooting and scoring % which regressed heavily the next season where they failed to make the playoffs.
I absolutely love that he has a picture of McDavid getting cross checked as some sort of flex.

This guy is bordering on self-parody as a Nuck fan. Checks all the boxes of their typical nonsense.

When he thinks VD will be on the top pairing with Quinn Hughes because Kulak sucks, that's when you know his hockey knowledge is at the level of a toddler.

Reactions: K1984

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
We know that, it has been repeated about 1000 times since last Monday. We know Draisatl was injured.

My point was just Tkachuk and Bennett had significant injuries too. Vancouver almost beat Edmonton with a 3rd string goalie. The Stars had their best defensive dman playing through an injury and their best forward.
[/QUOTE

Lol the 3rd string goalie was vancouvers best player in that series. don't forget mcdavid as well. I think oilers would be much more happier if bennet and tkatchuk were healthy if it meant mcdavid and draisaitl were healthy as well.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
And the Oilers had the easiest path to the cup finals we have seen in years. And they lost.

Maybe they will be back in the finals next year, but it is highly unlikely. There are a group of good teams in the west who are very close to each other. And most of them have good goaltending.
sure still made it to the cup final. Talk to me when your team makes it to the final. your stanley cup is winning round 1

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Well, I think there is a group of 5 teams or so who are pretty equal in the west. I don't think the Oilers really stand out above the others.

They have one year to go all in though. Because next year Draisatl is gone or commands $16 million. And Bouchard will likely be getting $12 million.
Probably best you stop posting...

You're really embarrassing yourself in here, yikes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Speaking of the playoffs, what happened to the Canucks?

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Maybe wake up and smell the 2024. The Oilers are a top defensive team in the league, that's not an opinion either.

Which team held Florida to their lowest goal scoring total in any of the 4 rounds this year? It was the Oilers, not the Rangers or anyone else. Vancouver, Dallas, and LA all saw their offense grind to a halt too in each of the previous 3 rounds the longer those series went along.

Oh I do agree. I think edmonton have a top 5 Defensive brigade, at worst top 7. Very healthy in term of shot volume against and limiting shot quality.
So many edmonton fan are too preoccupied to shit on ceci and nurse they ignore the big picture.

As far as goaltending we do, need a lot of help.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
the Canucks according to edmn fan logic have downgraded.

Sherwood > Lafferty
Heinen > Mikheyev
DeBrusk > Lindholm (DeBrusk is the better finisher and younger)
Forbort = Cole. both are slow af but at least the other one doesn't score on his own team.
Zadorov > Desharnais

but Zadorov is supposedly trash according to oil fans so it's not much of a downgrade.

:popcorn:

Vcanuck opinions < literally any other opinion in this thread.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
They are a little more sensitive this year tho. Must be the illusion of getting that close to their goal. Maybe a couple more lottery balls and dives pay off for them next time

Aww muffin, says the one with the post history that the Oilers would lose easily to the stars.
Cope more.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They are a little more sensitive this year tho. Must be the illusion of getting that close to their goal. Maybe a couple more lottery balls and dives pay off for them next time
You’re aware an oilers fan didn’t even start this thread right?

The loudest people in this thread are a sens fan and a Canuck fan

Reactions: PuckG and McAsuno

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Haha Panthers fans just catching strays, I don’t think I’ve seen one Panthers fan in here talking shit. As an Oilers fan I can say the majority of their fans have been very humble in victory, they don’t deserve this kind of shit.

All the shit talking is from the usual Nucks, Flames, Leafs, Avs fans. I can understand their jealousy or fearfulness. What I don’t understand is the Sens fan who just decided to pop off in a thread that has nothing to do with the Sens. They aren’t even in the same division as the Oilers, barely in the same league. I guess you can put that one in the jealousy category.
Why would anyone be jealous of the Oilers? They haven't won anything.

I am jealous of fans of the Panthers and Avs for sure. They have winning teams and have won a cup this century.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad