The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
1 Sens fan fighting 10 Oiler fans who don't even dislike the Sens.

You hate to see it.
I'm starting to :laugh:

How the hell did we even make the Cup final when our team sucks so bad?

We got:

can't skate bum-McDavid-Leaf castoff
worst 1st overall - overrated German - gimp
who-cares-really
ugly - dumbass - ginger

Old-Leech
cap dump - bust
Kulak-idiot

Cloutier 2.0

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Best forward group in hockey without ever playing a shift. Hand the Cup straight to Edmonton no need to go through all the formalities.
this joke is just as funny as the first four times you told it in this thread

I dunno man.
Every team we beat is also better than us.
Every team we beat is better than us but at the same time we had an easy route to the finals and Florida absolutely killed us in 7 games while getting outscored in the series.

Love this place. Logical fallacies abound.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I'm starting to :laugh:

How the hell did we even make the Cup final when our team sucks so bad?

We got:

can't skate bum-McDavid-Leaf castoff
worst 1st overall - overrated German - gimp
who-cares-really
ugly - dumbass - ginger

Old-Leech
cap dump - bust
Kulak-idiot

Cloutier 2.0
A lot of injury luck, and a historically easy path to the finals based on division brackets.

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Best forward group in hockey without ever playing a shift. Hand the Cup straight to Edmonton no need to go through all the formalities.
I think they give that to the best team. I don't recall anyone saying Edmonton was the best team. Although they were a close 2nd last year.

A lot of injury luck, and a historically easy path to the finals based on division brackets.
Do you repeat this to yourself every night with tears rolling down your face until you fall asleep?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers have best forward group in the League. This is obvious and undeniable.

Anyone that says otherwise is just jealous or afraid.

• Love
Reactions: Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
this joke is just as funny as the first four times you told it in this thread
lmao "Pay attention to me!"

kevinhart-shaq.gif

We beat both division winners in the west, what more do you want?
They didn't deserve to win their divisions and also got lucky? So we were lucky cause we beat those that also got lucky?

Reactions: KlefDown

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What you are you doing is preemptively celebrating Edmonton before anything's been accomplished. Who cares what the team looks like on paper? Especially, at this point. Also, you guys not aware that your team is going to have a short summer after a gruelling spring? You're going to need every bit of help to even get back to the same point.
I agree there’s no point in discussing hockey on a message board, yet we are all here lol

Reactions: KlefDown

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Or y'know it's just the highest scoring team in hockey the last several years added a couple of decent scoring support wingers and retained a very good 3C and also retained a set of wingers who were lights out defensively/on the PK (Janmark + Brown) in the playoffs.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
How is it nonsensical? You don't brag in the summer when teams are still building their teams. You brag AFTER you've won. Just like the Panthers.
This thread wasn’t even started by an Oilers fan and I don’t have time to wade through all the dumb in this thread but I think it’s highly unlikely that any Oilers fan in here has posted anything along the lines of bragging about definitely winning the cup, but please feel free to quote one.

If your upset about Oilers fans bragging about having the best forward group in the league then I think they have a fair argument and most reasonable people would agree with that. Of course we don’t know until the games are played (and I’m sure even if the Oilers outscore every team in the league this season, some people will come with some cooked up reasoning for why they aren’t the best forward group in the league) so until then all we have to go on is what’s on paper and as is the Oilers have a legitimate claim to the best forward group in the league.

If it makes you feel better we could change the name of the thread to “Oilers have the best forward group in the league on paper but we don’t know for sure until the season is played and we might not even know for sure at that time”

Reactions: K1984

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How is it nonsensical? You don't brag in the summer when teams are still building their teams. You brag AFTER you've won. Just like the Panthers.

The two teams in the Finals generally also get the benefit of the doubt. Last year after Florida got destroyed in the Final they were still counted on as a Cup favorite going into the season because thems the perks sweetheart. That's how shit works in pro sports, just because a group of posters here will forever have a stick up their ass about the Oilers winning a draft lottery doesn't change that.

They are a top contender and even a favorite going into next season just like every other year where, the Cup finalists always get that benefit of the doubt (barring some kind of loss of a franchise player or something).

For people who want to cry about that or say it's arrogant, tough shit. It's not. It's no different from any other year.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
What did the oilers win again? Can you remind me? Maybe I’m forgetful in my old age
The Clarence Campbell Bowl for winning the Western Conference...

I can see how you missed that since your team has never won a Conference trophy in the over 100 year history of the Franchise :laugh:

facing 3 straight Division Winners = "Easiest path!1!1!!"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Clarence Campbell Bowl for winning the Western Conference...

I can see how you missed that since your team has never won a Conference trophy in the over 100 year history of the Franchise :laugh:

facing 3 straight Division Winners = "Easiest path!1!1!!"

McDavid playing the entire year with a really bad abdominal tear that forced his goal scoring to go from 64 goals down to 32 goals

Draisaitl playing with a broken rib and broken finger from round 2 onwards

Kane not even able to play in the Finals basically

= incredible injury luck apparently, lol.

So easy to make a Cup Final and then push the Cup champion to 7 games with injuries to minor contributors like McDavid, Draisaitl, and Kane. Easy peasy.

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
What did the oilers win again? Can you remind me? Maybe I’m forgetful in my old age
imagine making a comment like this when you're stuck with a rotten core and not having won for over 80 years

you last won before color pictures were invented ffs, please behave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad