The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
They don't have any game breaking talent, they have some skill but so do like 12 other teams in each conference, that's no big deal. They needed Chychrun to really break out and become a All Star level player there and it didn't happen.
Stutzle is a game breaker he's a top 10 center in this league and he beat Mathews in a poll
Tkachuk can score, fight, provides Yzerman level leadership on the ice
Pinto looks like a young Sebastian Aho in the making at 3.25, Pinto will score 40 next year easily
Sanderson is a young #1 dman whos already a two way beast
Ullmark is a veznia capable goal tender

The sens have lots of talent

Perron and Giroux provide veteran leadership

no disrespect to Lekhonen but what in the f*** is he doing on a list of "top end talent?"

Dude's career high in points is 51. Hyman just had 53 *goals*.
Lehoken is a Selke caliber winger

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Stutzle is a game breaker he's a top 10 center in this league and he beat Mathews in a poll
Pinto looks like a young Sebastian Aho in the making at 3.25, Pinto will score 40 next year easily

michael-jordan.gif

Just for the record I don't even dislike the Sens, hope they make the playoffs but I don't see it happening.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
It's not easy to find a "miracle coach" especially when roster wise you don't really have top end talent.

It is what it is.

They had plenty of talent to fight for a playoff spot and it's a poor excuse to why they didn't have success. I'm telling you - it's an organizational culture problem compounded with poor coaching choices.

Tkachuk, Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris, Chabot, and Batherson is more than enough talent to be competing for the playoffs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Lekhonen with 0 Selke votes : selke caliber winger

Bouchard finishing 5th in Norris voting and 5th in All-Star voting this year: Worse than Jake Sanderson

• Haha
Reactions: McAsuno and Daishi

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They had plenty of talent to fight for a playoff spot and it's a poor excuse to why they didn't have success. I'm telling you - it's an organizational culture problem compounded with poor coaching choices.

Tkachuk, Stutzle, Sanderson, Norris, Chabot, and Batherson is more than enough talent to be competing for the playoffs.

2b4cb85b-ac54-4b62-867c-3ceb1425e631-1683812147258-pfarm-with-png-watermarked.webp

Brady was 41st in the league as their top scorer, below superstars like Gustav Nyquist. Stuztle was 50th in league scoring and had less goals than Warren Foegele.

Just making the playoffs is not some cake walk, guys like Crosby were sitting at home not in the post season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Coaching problems are management problems are ownership problems.

If the coaching isn't up to par then the GM failed, and if the GM isn't up to par then ownership failed.

The Sens should be better than they are, I would agree with that. But they can't even make the playoffs, let alone compete.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
2b4cb85b-ac54-4b62-867c-3ceb1425e631-1683812147258-pfarm-with-png-watermarked.webp

Brady was 41st in the league as their top scorer, below superstars like Gustav Nyquist. Stuztle was 50th in league scoring and had less goals than Warren Foegele.

Just making the playoffs is not some cake walk, guys like Crosby were sitting at home not in the post season.

If you're putting Tkachuk and Stutzle in the same category of talent as Gustav Nyquist I can see why you're confused.

Coaching problems are management problems are ownership problems.

If the coaching isn't up to par then the GM failed, and if the GM isn't up to par then ownership failed.

The Sens should be better than they are, I would agree with that. But they can't even make the playoffs, let alone compete.

You are agreeing with me then.

The organization is failing from management level.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner has more goals in the last three years than Eichel, Marchand, Marner, and the same number as Tavares. 5 on 5 he in the top 10 for goals per hour in that span too. I don't think he's "washed", he's just been stuck playing on bad teams.

Arvidsson had a lot of injuries last year, but still scored at the same 0.3 goal per game rate (roughly) as he has in previous years. 27 goal rate roughly.

No one's asking these guys to come in and carry anything, the Oilers already are the best the best overall offense in the league the last several years.

Just come in and finish some feeds from McDavid and Draisaitl and RNH.
Was just one injury for Arvidsson last year. Had back surgery right before the season started.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Lekhonen with 0 Selke votes : selke caliber winger

Bouchard finishing 5th in Norris voting and 5th in All-Star voting this year: Worse than Jake Sanderson
Bouchard is a product or Mcdavid he benefits from players with the best player in the world, Swap him and Sanderson or Chabot and it would be the same outcome, but at least Sanderson can play defense. On the Sens Bouchard would be on the bottom pairing he's just leaching points off of Mcdavid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you're putting Tkachuk and Stutzle in the same category of talent as Gustav Nyquist I can see why you're confused.

I am.

That said, I don't think they should be THAT much better than they are. They should be a playoff team, but their underlying numbers aren't very good and I think the biggest reason is their D is buns - and I think it's gotten worse this offseason.

Ullmark will help, but he couldn't drag the Sabres to respectability and I think he'll have a hard time in Ottawa too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bouchard is a product or Mcdavid he benefits from players with the best player in the world, Swap him and Sanderson or Chabot and it would be the same outcome, but at least Sanderson can play defense. On the Sens Bouchard would be on the bottom pairing he's just leaching points off of Mcdavid.
Chabot is one of the worst defencemen in the NHL and one of the worst contracts too, dude is Darnell Nurse bad.

Sanderson doesn't have a fraction of the offensive talent Bouchard does.

Bouchard would be the best defenceman the sens have employed since peak Karlsson.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I mean at some point you have to stop hiding behind the "we're automatically talented" label and prove it.

74 points for your team leader and 18 goals from your no.1 center ... doesn't cut it in a league this high scoring.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I am.

That said, I don't think they should be THAT much better than they are. They should be a playoff team, but their underlying numbers aren't very good and I think the biggest reason is their D is buns - and I think it's gotten worse this offseason.

Ullmark will help, but he couldn't drag the Sabres to respectability and I think he'll have a hard time in Ottawa too.
The D is not bumbs sorry but

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Jensen

With a proper coach that top 4 could be the top for on a contender easily

Chabot is one of the worst defencemen in the NHL and one of the worst contracts too, dude is Darnell Nurse bad.

Sanderson doesn't have a fraction of the offensive talent Bouchard does.

Bouchard would be the best defenceman the sens have employed since peak Karlsson.
I mean if you consider Offensive talent leaching off of MCdavid than yes your right

But Sanderson will be a 60 point 2 way beast

Bouchard is literally a high end Tyson Barrie

With the right coach thats a Stanley Cup winning core easily

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Man the Senators are a lock to win the Cup if this is all true

Reactions: Coffey

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I mean at some point you have to stop hiding behind the "we're automatically talented" label and prove it.

74 points for your team leader and 18 goals from your no.1 center ... doesn't cut it in a league this high scoring.
he had a down year he will bounce back

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The D is not bumbs sorry but

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Jensen

With a proper coach that top 4 could be the top for on a contender easily

I mean if you consider Offensive talent leaching off of MCdavid than yes your right

But Sanderson will be a 60 point 2 way beast

Bouchard is literally a high end Tyson Barrie

With the right coach thats a Stanley Cup winning core easily
that D group is as mid as mid gets. and that might be generous.

Scotty Bowman couldn't coach that group to a Cup.

And funny enough, Tyson Barrie once led all NHL D in points and didn't get a single Norris vote. This is because Barrie wasn't very good.

Meanwhile, 72 Norris voters thought Evan Bouchard was a top 5 defenceman in the sport this year. I think they understand what's going on better than you do.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
that D group is as mid as mid gets. and that might be generous.

Scotty Bowman couldn't coach that group to a Cup.

And funny enough, Tyson Barrie once led all NHL D in points and didn't get a single Norris vote. This is because Barrie wasn't very good.

Meanwhile, 72 Norris voters thought Evan Bouchard was a top 5 defenceman in the sport this year. I think they understand what's going on better than you do.
I mean he's a leach and i stand by that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad