The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
No it wouldn't Sens have a better top 4 D, Better goal tending they just need a system and a coach who can make it work
The Sens had a better D before they gave Chychrun away. The Oilers D held up to a Finals appearance and had Nurse playing as bad as he possibly could. Seeing as though he couldn’t possibly be worse, the Oilers D is overall good

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
The Oilers were 5th best in the league for goals against under Knoblaugh and second best in the playoffs just a hair below Florida and better than the NYR, Dallas, etc.

Do you really think with a straight face even if Ottawa was given a guaranteed playoff spot they'd finish a playoffs with the 2nd best goals against?

Put down the crack pipe.
Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub

Is a better top 4 than the Oilers by far

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
The Oilers were 5th best in the league for goals against under Knoblaugh and second best in the playoffs just a hair below Florida and better than the NYR, Dallas, etc.

Do you really think with a straight face even if Ottawa was given a guaranteed playoff spot they'd finish a playoffs with the 2nd best goals against?

Put down the crack pipe.

I'm pretty sure he's 15 and has no clue what he's talking about. Best to hit the ignore button on this one

Reactions: NeverForget06

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Lets go watch the Dallas series against both teams and then lets think about that for 5 seconds.
I mean if Nuke doesnt leave they probably win that series

The Sens had a better D before they gave Chychrun away. The Oilers D held up to a Finals appearance and had Nurse playing as bad as he possibly could. Seeing as though he couldn’t possibly be worse, the Oilers D is overall good
Jensen is better for the Sens than Chychrun that trade was a win

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
The Senators were the 7th or 8th worst team in the NHL for goals against.

The Oilers under Knoblaugh were 5th best in the regular season and then 2nd best in the playoffs.

Again, stop with the drugs.
I don't do drugs what I'm saying is with a Structured system the Sens D would be better than the Oilers, the Sens also now have a Veznia goaltender in net while the Oilers have Dan Cloutier 2.0

• Haha
Reactions: 5 14 6 1

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
The Avs actually did lose Makinnon the year before last for a lot of the season and they didnt revert to a lottery team so once again you're wrong please keep reaching
And how about the year that Draisaitl won the Hart when McDavid was hurt for a big stretch?

Comparing rosters from 2 years ago when Mack made under 7m is pretty disingenuous but I know you don't practice logic

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
You watched Draisaitl with a broken hand and broken ribs and made quite the claim. Draisaitl is the 2nd highest point scorer in the past 7 years of reg season and 2nd highest playoff scorer in the last 3 years. You made judgement off 1 or 2 series but sure
Yeah I don't really judge a player's tomorrow's value based on his value in the last 7 years. I fully expect him to score a bunch of one timers next year after he heals and when teams are back to sloppy play. But second best player in the world? Come on man.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't do drugs what I'm saying is with a Structured system the Sens D would be better than the Oilers, the Sens also now have a Veznia goaltender in net while the Oilers have Dan Cloutier 2.0

So how is it the Oilers are top 5 in goals against and 2nd best in the playoffs under Knoblaugh and the Sens are a garbage heap in the bottom 10 under multiple coaches.

I'm sorry but in reality you don't get to talk shit to one of the top teams in the league defensively when you are near the bottom. That's how that works, if you don't know you better ask somebody.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah I don't really judge a player's tomorrow's value based on his value in the last 7 years. I fully expect him to score a bunch of one timers next year after he heals and when teams are back to sloppy play. But second best player in the world? Come on man.

Can you list the players that have scored more per game in the playoffs per game in the last 15 years than Draisaitl?

I'll wait.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
He's a top 10 player in the league. You said he wouldn't be the best on 25 teams in the NHL

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub

Is a better top 4 than the Oilers by far

Cept' you got Travis Green and a loser culture you also need to overcome.

The Sens have looked good on paper the last 3 years except they are never good. What gives?
This is coming from a Canucks fan, who had to endure 8 years of Benning stink, then we got to see an amazing transformation of culture within the organization when Rick Tocchet was hired and his vision was in line with Patrik Alvin. The energy and positivity of our organization has gone through an amazing face-lift. So I say this to question the Senators. What have you noticed will make things different for next year? Because from the outset everyone still sees the Senators and Travis Green as a big loser next year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cept' you got Travis Green and a loser culture you also need to overcome.

The Sens have looked good on paper the last 3 years except they are never good. What gives?
This is coming from a Canucks fan, who had to endure 8 years of Benning stink, then we got to see an amazing transformation of culture within the organization when Rick Tocchet was hired and his vision was in line with Patrik Alvin. The energy and positivity of our organization has gone through an amazing face-lift. So I say this to question the Senators. What have you noticed will make things different for next year? Because from the outset everyone still sees the Senators and Travis Green as a big loser next year.

They don't have any game breaking talent, they have some skill but so do like 12 other teams in each conference, that's no big deal. They needed Chychrun to really break out and become a All Star level player there and it didn't happen.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
no disrespect to Lekhonen but what in the f*** is he doing on a list of "top end talent?"

Dude's career high in points is 51. Hyman just had 53 *goals*.

Because he doesn't play on the Oilers so that makes him auto-elite. The truth is Colorado is thinner upfront than that Oilers, they've lost a lot of talent from that 2022 team and have never looked the same without Landeskog.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
No, read again. I said if he's back to his old self he's the best on 25 ish teams.
My bad i misread. He's undisputed top 10 for me, but playoff leon at full health is a beast on another level. Sadly he wasn't near full health in the last 2 rounds.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
They don't have any game breaking talent, they have some skill but so do like 12 other teams in each conference, that's no big deal. They needed Chychrun to really break out and become a All Star level player there and it didn't happen.

They are poorly coached. Jacques Martin came in mid way through the season and basically said there are a myriad of problems we need to iron out. DJ Smith was a likable players coach but unfortunately he didn't have a solid enough system nor enough accountability to get the most out of his team. I am familiar with Travis Green and sadly for Senators fans I seriously doubt his abilities to get the most out of the team as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because he doesn't play on the Oilers so that makes him auto-elite. The truth is Colorado is thinner upfront than that Oilers, they've lost a lot of talent from that 2022 team and have never looked the same without Landeskog.
Correct.

Not to mention who knows if Nichushkin will even play again. He's on his third strike and counting.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They are poorly coached. Jacques Martin came in mid way through the season and basically said there are a myriad of problems we need to iron out. DJ Smith was a likable players coach but unfortunately he didn't have a solid enough system nor enough accountability to get the most out of his team. I am familiar with Travis Green and sadly for Senators fans I seriously doubt his abilities to get the most out of the team as well.

It's not easy to find a "miracle coach" especially when roster wise you don't really have top end talent.

It is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad