The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Not enough of puck going around for these many forwards of that caliber. Should have improved the D. D that could score would be better for the Oilers. Not so sure if Oilers improved.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Hands down the best on paper

That Defense though…. Yikes
Only the 2nd pair is yikes and I’m not even being a homer

Ekholm-Bouchard is a top 5 pairing

The D is essentially a top notch 1st pair and two higher end 3rd pairs

Nurse is truly the only head case relative to where he’s slotted

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Talented group offensively, but then agian the Oilers have always been that since thyve had McDrai.

I dont like the Arvidsson signing for them....his body is broken and he cant be relied on to play regular season games let alone a grind of a 25+ playoff hockey,

Skinner will do well offensively and will do everything he can to prop up his stats so he can sign another fat contract. His issue has always been effort, battle level, compete and play without the puck.

The forward group is too butter soft imo. Especially since it looks like Kane is dont in Edmonton. I think they will do well in regular season but come playoff time they can be bullied and grinded down.

Edmonton just better hope they dont play Vancouver again in the playoffs, because win or lose, they wont come out of that series healthy (again)

Soucy 6'5 210lbs
Myers 6'8 225 lbs
Desharnais 6'6 220 lbs
Forbort 6'4 210lbs
Juulsen 6'2 205 lbs

Then you add in Joshua who finished top 3 in playoff hits despite being eliminated in round 2. Canucks have 3 players in top 15 hits in regular season, Joshua and Keifer Sherwood...JT Miller was in top 25.

Would be an interesting playoff re-match... skill vs ground and pound

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's crazy, you would think the Oilers have back to back cups the way people are hyping them up. They have McDrai, forwards was never their issue.

They aren't the best team in the league though, not close. Not when you have Nurse and Ceci in the top 4, and Skinner in net.
Skinner outplayed Bob in the Cup finals as a whole. Our problem was when he was good, we couldn't punch through. A couple extra finishers in the lineup will go a long way.

• Haha
Reactions: Idiot Stick

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
And Florida was almost on the verge of a historic collapse. Somehow doubt they care.
yeah almost sure but the sweep almost happened first. I honestly thought after they went up 3-0 even though they got out played for atleast one of those. I dont think they really took Oilers too serious till like game 6. was huge for Edmonton but if only they were hungry for it prior to going down 3

Oilers also very well could make it to the finals again and win it all next season, they got a solid group but I would imagine the current group wont be the same after trade deadline, I honestly think Id rather the team u guys had in the playoffs. I'd have passed on Skinner. Arvidsson and Brown are not reliable right now imo too injury prone but u never know

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Not enough of puck going around for these many forwards of that caliber. Should have improved the D. D that could score would be better for the Oilers. Not so sure if Oilers improved.
Right, because we all know that July 1 is the only day of the year that trades and signings can happen.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
And miss this engaging conversation? No.

Anyways they got to Game 7 of the SCF with Skinner.

Well thank god they fixed the Oilers' anemic offense:

1719943634630.png

1719943679624.png

I thought they were going to have a serious problem producing.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
yeah almost sure but the sweep almost happened first. I honestly thought after they went up 3-0 even though they got out played for atleast one of those. I dont think they really took Oilers too serious till like game 6. was huge for Edmonton but if only they were hungry for it prior to going down 3

Oilers also very well could make it to the finals again and win it all next season, they got a solid group but I would imagine the current group wont be the same after trade deadline, I honestly think Id rather the team u guys had in the playoffs. I'd have passed on Skinner. Arvidsson and Brown are not reliable right now imo too injury prone but u never know
certainly wasn't because of defense that they were down 3-0

they scored 2 goals in the first 8 periods of the series

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I was hoping they would fumble things after their Cup loss.

Turns out, when a lot of teams were throwing around stupid money, they signed some of the best contracts of the day.

I think they are going to be a force next season.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad