Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Jack Roslovic signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $2.8M)

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think he's the type of player you feel you can gamble on if you have a proven good coach.

Has a decent toolset but some warts in his game and inconsistency issues that you hope said coach can help resolve.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Pros: Good skater, good hands esp with time and space, creative.

Cons: Defensively questionable, don't expect much in the way of physicality. Is more of a RW rather than C.

I like the fit for Carolina as the the things he is bad at are things they have plentiful in their lineup. Most likely he will be playing with 2 defensively good forwards to compensate for his flaws. His fit was never great in Columbus or New York who have a lot of similarly defensively suspect forwards.

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Was producing at between an 50th-80th percentile clip for his age which is... quite a range. Price is w.e., especially on a one year contract.
Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 12.42.01 AM.png

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
From a fancy stat standpoint it's most likely fine, but does he actually help teams win?
Not really and it's weird because he is a player who I thought would have been better going to a team that should have been better the last several seasons.

Seems like a perfect fit.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I have been trying to figure out where exactly Jack Roslovic fits into the Hurricanes lineup probably as a 2RW.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He's perfectly fine as a 3C and will do well in the Canes' system.

Rangers acquired him to play as a 1RW which was *really* reaching, and obviously did not work out well.
He's not a center plain and simple. He needs to be on the wing to be effective and that's only when he's on the plus side of his game. He can be invisible and I don't think his IQ is all that good. Guy can skate very well, has skills to manage the puck but he gets lost and isn't effective for long stretches. When he's on a heater, boy, he looks amazing and you wonder why he can't do that even 60% of the time.... Needs to be on the wing.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad