The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
RNH [GOOD] - McD [GREATx10] - Hyman [GOOD]
Skinner [wild card] - Drai [GOOD] - Arvidsson [wild card]
Holloway [nice] - Henrique [old] - Kane [wild card]
Janmark [nice] - McLeod - Perry [old]

that's an impressive set of forwards.
McDavid carried the lack of depth on his back especially in round four. FLA had the best team from A to Z on paper and on the ice. Did the Oilers do enough? They did what they could considering the constraints.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Forwards are tremendous but ... it is an old group and most our signings were older players. Still, no one can complain about our forward depth on paper going into training camp.

Our D is worse or the same
Our G is the same or worse

I get everyone is happy about all the forward signings but we really need a better D core.. maybe Bro steps into top 4 and sticks as that would solve a lot of problems.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
It's crazy, you would think the Oilers have back to back cups the way people are hyping them up. They have McDrai, forwards was never their issue.

They aren't the best team in the league though, not close. Not when you have Nurse and Ceci in the top 4, and Skinner in net.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It's crazy, you would think the Oilers have back to back cups the way people are hyping them up. They have McDrai, forwards was never their issue.

They aren't the best team in the league though, not close. Not when you have Nurse and Ceci in the top 4, and Skinner in net.
The thread is about forward and you're focusing on D and G?

I'm sure Jackson will address that area sometime later.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I’m shocked people are still excited about
Ryan Nothing Happens and Evander Kane being on the roster. Adding some old forwards when they needed defence and goaltending isn’t exactly a “win”

Reactions: Voight

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Who said this? it wasn't an Oilers fan who started this thread

all 3 of them were part of the team that got to Game 7 of the SCF

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Ryan Nothing Happens and Evander Kane being on the roster. Adding some old forwards when they needed defence and goaltending isn’t exactly a “win”
how many 100 point players and 50 goal scorers do the Leafs have?

we go band for band

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
fun fact...Oilers finished 10th in the league in GA last season with this defense
only gave up 3 more goals than the Panthers in one more game played in the playoffs

of course, that would require you to know anything about the Oilers which you are constantly wrong about :laugh:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Yeah adding soft one dimensional Jeff Skinner and often injured Arvidsson doesn’t really do much for them. I mean I guess Mcdavid can carry them to the finals and then no show the important games at best.

There is hope they can overlap each other , from rooster and on IR..

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Lol that exact d core and goalie got us to game seven of the finals do whatever mind warp you need to do that your opinion can seem valid inside your head. Out here in reality swapping worse players for actual top six wingers for Leon actually makes them better than said team that made it to game seven it's called logic.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Hilarious coming from a Leafs fan where nobody on your team shows up in the playoffs.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
giphy.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Did they even ATTEMPT to find a goalie?
Why not keep the goalie that outplayed Oettinger and Bobrovsky? Higher save percentage than both head to head. Also Skinner had the best stats out of all final 4 goalies, including Shesty and aforementioned Otter and Bob.

Skinner is also 2.6M. Go find a goalie that can do that at that price.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad