The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
We know that, it has been repeated about 1000 times since last Monday. We know Draisatl was injured.

My point was just Tkachuk and Bennett had significant injuries too. Vancouver almost beat Edmonton with a 3rd string goalie. The Stars had their best defensive dman playing through an injury and their best forward.
And Vegas won the Cup because they got to play an injury-riddled Panthers team in 2023
Injuries happen

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
They are $2,5M over the cap with Broberg and Holloway to sign. If they can get rid of Kane, that would solve the problem. Oilers fans. what's your feeling, what is gonna happen with Kane? or are there other options to get cap space.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton played with plenty of injuries too. Drai had a broken finger and a broken rib and was questionable to even play some games but he’s a stubborn mule.

You'd have to shoot this guy to have him miss a playoff game. In that Calgary series in game 1 ... I thought he was toast, playing on one leg, then goes on to score 17 points in a 5 game series, lol.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
RNH - McD - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrique - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Perry

that's an impressive set of forwards.
RNH - - Hyman
Skinner - - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrigue - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Perry

Picking 4th overall in the 2025 NHL draft

RNH - McD - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrigue - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Perry

Very good indeed.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We know that, it has been repeated about 1000 times since last Monday. We know Draisatl was injured.

My point was just Tkachuk and Bennett had significant injuries too. Vancouver almost beat Edmonton with a 3rd string goalie. The Stars had their best defensive dman playing through an injury and their best forward.
It’s and buts and maybes go both ways. McDavid wasn’t healthy, Draisaitl wasn’t healthy, Ekholm was banged up, Nurse was banged up. Even one of those things is different and maybe we win. Takes a lot going right to win a Cup.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
And Vegas won the Cup because they got to play an injury-riddled Panthers team in 2023
Injuries happen
And the Oilers had the easiest path to the cup finals we have seen in years. And they lost.

Maybe they will be back in the finals next year, but it is highly unlikely. There are a group of good teams in the west who are very close to each other. And most of them have good goaltending.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
They are $2,5M over the cap with Broberg and Holloway to sign. If they can get rid of Kane, that would solve the problem. Oilers fans. what's your feeling, what is gonna happen with Kane? or are there other options to get cap space.
Sounds strongly like he will miss most of the year if not all of it. LTIR with hip and hernia problems.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid was injured since like the 4th game of the regular season, lol. Abdominal tear.

You don't randomly just go from 64 goals to 30 something without an injury.

It's actually a bit weird that last year was the year they made the Final,

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You'd have to shoot this guy to have him miss a playoff game. In that Calgary series in game 1 ... I thought he was toast, playing on one leg, then goes on to score 17 points in a 5 game series, lol.
Zombie Draisaitl would just rise from the dead.

The rib issue really affected him though. He couldn’t raise the puck, which took a lot off his corner shots on the powerplay.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And the Oilers had the easiest path to the cup finals we have seen in years. And they lost.

Maybe they will be back in the finals next year, but it is highly unlikely. There are a group of good teams in the west who are very close to each other. And most of them have good goaltending.

They played Florida to a game 7 that was decided by one goal, sorry but that narrative holds no water. There is no NHL team better than Florida unless you think the Monstars from Space Jam are forming an NHL team, that's as good of an opponent as you're going to get.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Oh yes, the “easiest path” excuse..Oilers fault Petey and Hughes refused to show up lol
Oh, and the Stars with their legendary depth was gonna run over the Oilers..then it turned to, “well they were just tired!”

Guess what? The Pacific division didn’t really improve so far

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Henrique was/is meh and Skinner doesn’t exactly strike fear in the heart of the opposition but go off.
Yeah I hate guys who regularly score 30 goals playing with my elite playmaking centres, and I certainly hate having a 40-50 point two way forward as my 3rd line centre. Just miserable to have these guys in the line up.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Oh yes, the “easiest path” excuse..Oilers fault Petey and Hughes refused to show up lol
Oh, and the Stars with their legendary depth was gonna run over the Oilers..then it turned to, “well they were just tired!”

Guess what? The Pacific division didn’t really improve so far
Well, I think there is a group of 5 teams or so who are pretty equal in the west. I don't think the Oilers really stand out above the others.

They have one year to go all in though. Because next year Draisatl is gone or commands $16 million. And Bouchard will likely be getting $12 million.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah I hate guys who regularly score 30 goals playing with my elite playmaking centres, and I certainly hate having a 40-50 point two way forward as my 3rd line centre. Just miserable to have these guys in the line up.

Jeff Skinner is top 10 in the NHL for highest goal scoring rate 5 on 5 the last three years ... lol, yeah no potential there with the best playmakers of this generation for a sniper.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Is this our version of the quietly Vancouver thread? Dear God

Yeah adding soft one dimensional Jeff Skinner and often injured Arvidsson doesn’t really do much for them. I mean I guess Mcdavid can carry them to the finals and then no show the important games at best.
What an odd take. Without mcdavid there's no game 6 or 7 for him to no show. Like one of those weird Colorado fans, where the team beats us and then we live rent free in their heads for no reason lmfao.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Easy according to who? Trolls and haters? By points percentage which is an OBJECTIVE measure of team quality, they had a tough path. Beat the Pacific and Central division champs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad