The Oilers are an old team

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Weird to see them break up the line that seemed like it was working (Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson). It's early but their shot share and dangerous chance share is strong, same with the game with Skinner up with McDavid. Metric-wise, there has been good stuff there in their favor. Why is he getting Henrique and Brown?
Putting Skinner on the top line last game seemed to be the best he played all year, he didnt look lost and even scored a goal, even though it was just a tap in on an empty. Podz has looked really good on the 4th line( as in he has had chances and done what the coaching staff has asked of him, not saying he’s a world beater), seeing him move up the line up is a deserved reward. I’d personally bump RNH to the 3rd and keep Drai on the 2c. RNH is too careful and D minded that he needs to be play in a place in the lineup where he wont kill offensive plays.

I can understand why Knob is going nuclear tonight given the start the team as had and how discombobulated they’ve look.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think stats showed Nurse was a 7 million guy in 22 23 season.

Game 2 Nurse was one of the best Oilers on the ice.

Is he overpaid? Yes
Is he the solo reason they are 0-3 far from it.
You could argue Nurse is 0% responsible for the start. The team has scored 3 goals in 3 games. Everyone is playing bad, which I’m not overly concerned about, it’s an 82 game schedule. Goals will come, but the D will be shaky all year until something changes.

Personally, i like Nurse, his contract doesnt concern me because I’m not paying it. Sure it sucks and limits the Gm, but again, I’m not the GM its not my circus and not my monkeys and every year he becomes less and less of a % of the overall cap space. I care more about performance on the ice and Nurse isn’t as bad of a player as many make him out to be. He could be better no doubt. He just needs to take another puck of his head in warm ups like last year, after he shot the puck and it bounced back and hit him in the head he woke up and played very well for a long stretch of game. He’s capable of it.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Stecher
Kulak-Emberson

And this is supposed to be the cup favorite

hysterical-laughter.gif

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Vancouver fans are wild. Several of their posters yap more about the Oilers than anything else. Sad state of affairs really.

Glass houses etc.

A very vocal section of the Oilers fanbase made the mainboards unreadable for an entire season, every game day thread was filled with comments about PDO, sustainability, and high shooting percentages.

Maybe, just maybe, cup favourites get talked about more than average teams and there are a lot of Canucks fans? When the supposed pre-season favourites start 0-3 and -12, that's something people talk about, regardless of fanbase.

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
Glass houses etc.

A very vocal section of the Oilers fanbase made the mainboards unreadable for an entire season, every game day thread was filled with comments about PDO, sustainability, and high shooting percentages.

Maybe, just maybe, cup favourites get talked about more than average teams and there are a lot of Canucks fans? When the supposed pre-season favourites start 0-3 and -12, that's something people talk about, regardless of fanbase.
I'm talking about disproportionately posting about another team. Not talking about a cup favourite in addition to (presumably) sometimes discussing your own team. Look at the post history of a couple of the "Canuck fans" in this thread. Thousands of posts about the Oilers. Wild, wild behaviour.

Also lol'd at "a lot of Canuck fans." Thanks for the laugh!

Reactions: PuckG

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I'm talking about disproportionately posting about another team. Not talking about a cup favourite in addition to (presumably) sometimes discussing your own team. Look at the post history of a couple of the "Canuck fans" in this thread. Thousands of posts about the Oilers. Wild, wild behaviour.

There ARE a lot of Canucks fans, it's one of the larger, louder fan bases on here, of course you're going to see their opinions more than the average fan base.

Like I said, there's also Oiler fans who spent all of last season disproportionately seething about the Canucks, this isn't Canucks fan exclusive behaviour. Every fan base has members who are delusional, and it's extremely disingenuous for you to say it's Canucks fan behaviour when Oilers fans did the exact same thing for the entire 23-24 regular season.... because they got blown out on the first game of the year.

Last edited:

Jun 25, 2021

I think it's just because Oiler fans are so thin-skinned. This troll thread would have died weeks ago without you guys.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Vancouver fans are wild. Several of their posters yap more about the Oilers than anything else. Sad state of affairs really.
lol

You guys literally turned your board's NHL thread into a Canucks hate watch GDT throughout last season. HFVan did it too but not until the playoffs, you guys were doing it all season

It was bizarre

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
lol

You guys literally turned your board's NHL thread into a Canucks hate watch GDT throughout last season. HFVan did it too but not until the playoffs, you guys were doing it all season

It was bizarre
Canucks fans lurking on another teams board all season long...sounds like you just proved my point! Cheers fella! Enjoy the rest of the season, maybe even try and catch some Nucks games while you're at it!

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This thread and the yzerplan are my two favorite ones going right now.

I think we go 0-4 tonight... I do not have a good feeling.

Knoblauch has never lost 4 in a row so hopefully I'm wrong.

My first full look at NHL Michkov too

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if Edmonton would have been better off just bringing back the same team minus Henrique. Are Arvidsson and Skinner and whoever better? Probably, but losing Foegele, Holloway and McLeod in one shot is losing your speed identity minus McDavid.
That was my thought.. we kept signing old vets with name recognition. Everyone was thrilled. In no way would I say hollo, McLeod or foeg were key cogs BUT they could fly and all were very noticeable skaters. They got replaced with better finishers and more established guys but they don't seem faster than them.

Hoping it's a chemistry issue to sort out. Might be Savoie time as well.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

That’s what drives discussion on a hockey forum. Other fanbases talking about Oilers in an Oiler thread, you talking about Canucks in a thread not related to them. Why prolong the discussion longer by doing the exact thing you’re criticizing?. The less comments the quicker a thread will flame out

This thread and the yzerplan are my two favorite ones going right now.

I think we go 0-4 tonight... I do not have a good feeling.

Knoblauch has never lost 4 in a row so hopefully I'm wrong.

My first full look at NHL Michkov too
Oilers will win tonight, they’ve gone back to old faithful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad