The Oilers are an old team

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I loooooooove seeing them lose! Such a poorly constructed team with so much fake hype.
I mean they were a game away from winning the Cup last year lol? Of course there will be hype around them. Everyone knows their defense is ass for the most part, and we don’t have a consistent good goalie. Skinner can get hot and play a solid stretch of hockey, but he’s no world beater. With that being said the top two lines are still very strong, and once our three stars get it going the entire team does. “Poorly constructed “ as you say, this team is ten times better than what it’s displaying, and will eventually pick it up. I’m not saying we are going to the Cup again, but you’re fooling yourself if you think we will continue this type of play (as frustrating as it has been)

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is you hate Van Damme movies. Or something completely insane like that

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I feel like im watching the Cavaliers with Lebron and Irving minus Mcdavid aint prime Lebron
He's better... your living under a rock. Lebum is the most overrated NBA legend ever man. Get over that shxx bra. Never led any team on his back to any championship. Had to count on fellow stars to aid him. There is nothing Lebum did even close to what McDavid pulled off last year in the playoffs. Nothing. Nada zero.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's better... your living under a rock. Lebum is the most overrated NBA legend ever man. Get over that shxx bra. Never led any team on his back to any championship. Had to count on fellow stars to aid him. There is nothing Lebum did even close to what McDavid pulled off last year in the playoffs. Nothing. Nada zero.
lmfao Lebron carried an entire team twice to finals against a 5 all stars but aight. Lebron haters are really something , i magine being first in a category and still hating on someone

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
lmfao Lebron carried an entire team twice to finals against a 5 all stars but aight. Lebron haters are really something , i magine being first in a category and still hating on someone
You brought the topic up. Deal with it. Show me proof of Lebron carrying his team like MvDavid last year in the playoffs. From dead in the water to one goal from the cup falling a few points short of the great one being down 3-0. Lebrons greatness is his durability and longevity. McDavid smashes Lebums prime.

• Haha
Reactions: Bgav

Nathaniel Skywalker

DIG IN!!! RiGHT NOW!!!
Oct 18, 2013
Lol. Lebrons 2016 is the goat run.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You brought the topic up. Deal with it. Show me proof of Lebron carrying his team like MvDavid last year in the playoffs. From dead in the water to one goal from the cup falling a few points short of the great one being down 3-0. Lebrons greatness is his durability and longevity. McDavid smashes Lebums prime.
They are literally hundreds of videos of it on youtube just look cavs lebronrun idk man.

Lebron literally ended playoff teams by himself and they imploded after defeating them. Mcdavid is great but not at that level at prime.

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
LeBron reached the finals in 2007, 2015, and 2018 with sets of teammates that would be the worst team in the league without him. The Oilers are still a good team without McDavid. Draisaitl alone is better than anything LeBron ever had to work with in Cleveland.

LeBron dominated games 5, 6, and 7 to beat a superior team in 2016. While McDavid played like Curry in the 2016 finals in games 6 and 7, which is an interesting comparison since both have a penchant for juicing their numbers in blowouts.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One does not simply take on Jeff Skinner’s playoff curse and waltz right into the postseason

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
They are literally hundreds of videos of it on youtube just look cavs lebronrun idk man
Provide statistical proof and video evidence and lets see if it surpasses McDavids 24 playoffs. Stop talking shxx and provide evidence. Or just stfu. This is a hockey forum and just bcz McDavid isn't smashing the league playing for your team doesn't mean you can just throw blanket statements. Is Lebron one of the greatest NBA players ever. Sure, but if you come swinging and claim McDavids 24 playoffs was surpassed by Lebron, than prove that statistically. The floor is yours. If the Oilers didn't fall a goal or 2 short, it would have been greatest accomplishment in team sports history. Bar none. He was that close.

Reactions: Sniper99

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Not a fan of LeBron but he has 4 championships and 10 final appearances. McJesus has 1 final and a big fat zero championships.

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
It is just 3 games, but:

15 goals against (leads the NHL). The defense (beside Ekholm) looks s..t

Goaltending is a big issue as well and surely not a strength.

Offense: only 3 goals scored. They will bounce back. But they wont have the best offense in the league. 2 core players in Hyman, RNH are not getting younger and better. RNH does not look good at 5 vs. 5. Arvidsson and Skinner are meh additions all things considered (age, injury, playoff experience) The 3rd and 4th line is below league average.
Some guys say, the average age of the overall forward group is not important, but the age (and experience) of the top stars. For me it is quite the opposite. McDavid and Draisaitl are in their 10th year and are basically their youngest forwards! For me it does not matter, if those two guys are 23 or 32, as long as they have enough playoff experience. It is the rest of the group, who concerns me. They lost speed, youth and playoff experience and got 2 younger players (one is a fringe NHL player and one is in the AHL).

The oilers got worse this year. They still have time to fix some issues with the defense, but it is gonna be very difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad