The Oilers are an old team

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Not asking about your private info.. just using you analogy which says us Oil fans just got dumped.

This one:

You've won 3 rounds since 2011 Finals. You also got eliminated by the Oilers a few months ago. The Oilers won more rounds in Spring then the Nucks have in over a decade.

View attachment 916228

I'll take our recent 'dumping' over this.

I'm fiarly certain the Nucks have never eliminated the Oilers from the playoffs????

Was just a funny analogy about being eliminated in game 7 of the SCF.

You're taking this a little too seriously.

Reactions: Czechboy

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Their bottom 6 don't scare anyone. This team is even more top heavy now than they were last year. Upgraded their top 6 in expense of their D and bottom 6.

Podkolzin couldn't even crack the Canucks lineup the last 3 years. Was likely headed overseas if the Oilers didn't sign him. Ryan and Brown are barely NHL calibre players. They wouldn't crack the lineup on any contender

Perry and Henrique will have to be used as top 6 guys when injuries occur. Yikes.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Their bottom 6 don't scare anyone. This team is even more top heavy now than they were last year. Upgraded their top 6 in expense of their D and bottom 6.

Podkolzin couldn't even crack the Canucks lineup the last 3 years. Was likely headed overseas if the Oilers didn't sign him. Ryan and Brown are barely NHL calibre players. They wouldn't crack the lineup on any contender

Perry and Henrique will have to be used as top 6 guys when injuries occur. Yikes.
Nor to mention they still only have one NHL quality blueliner in Ekholm. In addition, despite e advanced age, they lack veteran leadership to counteract the impact of having a locker room cancer wearing the C. After the top 6, this is a historically bad team.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Nor to mention they still only have one NHL quality blueliner in Ekholm. In addition, despite e advanced age, they lack veteran leadership to counteract the impact of having a locker room cancer wearing the C. After the top 6, this is a historically bad team.

Well according to Oilers fans this is by far the best and deepest offense in the NHL. Despite having a bottom 5 starter and a weak blue line. So I guess they will power play themselves to another cup final. Have to have a lot of luck again on your side.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I haven’t seen the last two games, but let me just say this...watching Edmonton lose Game 7 and the horrified oiler fans faces was one of the most satisfying experiences of the year. Fully deserved. In fact, I think I’ll watch them again right now on youtube.
Seeing how ashamed McDiver's parents were after he proved he wasn't man enough to accept the Conn Smythe was pretty close.

Well according to Oilers fans this is by far the best and deepest offense in the NHL. Despite having a bottom 5 starter and a weak blue line. So I guess they will power play themselves to another cup final. Have to have a lot of luck again on your side.
What's going to be real interesting is if the refs stop falling for all the diving now that McDiver disgraced the league with his refusal to accept the Conn Smythe and the hiring of a sex offender for a GM.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Oilers will turn it around, they’re always cold or red hot. Still, losing Holloway, McLeod and Broberg will hurt their depth.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I think they have the best top 6 in the NHL, bay far.

The bottom 6 is mediocre. Not the worst and certainly not the best.

Their top pairing is very good. After that it is mediocre.

Hard to say what they can do built like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad