GDT: 2024-25 other games around the league

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Hertl looking pretty ineffective early in the season so far.

He's not really good anymore, sadly. Beast on the PP net front, but every time I watch Vegas he's just sorta there.
If that continues, another absolute masterclass by Grier getting two significant assets for Hertl (and his terrible contract) and flipping those for Askarov who looks fantastic

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If that continues, another absolute masterclass by Grier getting two significant assets for Hertl (and his terrible contract) and flipping those for Askarov who looks fantastic
As soon as I pulled myself together emotionally after that gut punch of a trade, it was obvious that if Hertl wanted to go that this was the best we were gonna do. Hertl was a depreciating asset with a huge cap hit and I thought Edstrom+1st was a good return.

I could have lived with having Hertl through the rest of his contract if he was fine being here because I like him, but I think we'll happy to not have him pretty soon.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
I've always wanted to have some sort of an emotional bond to former Sharks, but I haven't really cared too much, ever. I'll always like the players but I've never really cared how they do after they move on from the Sharks. It's a case of loving the Sharks as a whole and as a team too much, which suits me fine!

In any case, anything that hurts Vegas is good in my books and if Hertl's contract becomes an anchor for them, all the better. Nothing against Hertl though and I hope he lives a healthy life and all that jazz, but may he never help Vegas to win anything more than they already have won..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad