Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
Cat-Dach-Kane
Hinostroza-Borgstrom-Nylander
Hagel-Carpenter-Entwistle
Connolly

Keith-Boqvist
Kalynuk-Murphy
Regula-Stillman
De Haan

Lankinen
Subban

Gaudette taken in ED, Strome/Suter/Zadorov traded.

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If they don’t make a significant move it’s lottery again next year

We can only hope we're in a better position to win the lottery next year and the year after. You want to accelerate a rebuild? Get your hands on Wright and Bedard. Even the consolation prizes for the next two drafts look exciting at this point. Lambert, Savoie, Michkov, Hughes, etc.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
Cat-Dach-Kane
Suter-Borgstrom-Nylander
Hagel-Entwistle-Connolly

Keith-Boqvist
Kalynuk-Murphy
Regula-Stillman
De Haan

Lankinen
Subban

Gaudette taken in ED, Strome/Zadorov traded.

I can't take anyone who puts in Connolly in over Hinostroza serious. And if its because you don't think they will resign him, fine, but I think we should all PRAY that they re-sign him as he brings so much for so little. (less than $2m per)

Also...Entwistle is NOT a center.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I can't take anyone who puts in Connolly in over Hinostroza serious. And if its because you don't think they will resign him, fine, but I think we should all PRAY that they re-sign him as he brings so much for so little. (less than $2m per)

Also...Entwistle is NOT a center.
I just blanked on him.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Other thread is well over 1k so figured we should start a new one and with season over now

When it comes to Zadorov

giphy.gif

Z was so atrocious in 2nd half of season
Who will you replace Big Z with?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
Cat-Dach-Kane
Suter-Borgstrom-Nylander
Hagel-Entwistle-Connolly

Keith-Boqvist
Kalynuk-Murphy
Regula-Stillman
De Haan

Lankinen
Subban

Gaudette taken in ED, Strome/Zadorov traded.
Keith isn't a first pairing d man anymore. Write off next season if you have him playing 20+ minutes. If he isn't playing 20+ minutes he isn't a first pairing d.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I agree, but who else is going to play big minutes?

I go after Dougie Hamilton. Hope SEA takes DeHaan or Connolly/Strome. (Make arrangements for that to happen). Let Kampf walk...maybe even Gaudette. Re-sign Hino, Suter, and Hagel. All assuming Toews is back.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Well assuming Stillman has his own role, I guess let Regula try and step in for Z’s.
Z ended up +1 for the season playing mainly even strength minutes. At worst you can say he was the d equivalent of Kampf in that he didn't drive o play. He was not nearly the Hawks worst d man (Keith and de Haan were). Regula and Stillman are not proven to be equivalent to Z. Who is going to replace big Z's hit numbers? Z may not have been as sharp as he was at the beginning of the season, and he may not be an exceptional d man, but he was not a source of Hawk's problems. If Hawks pmd play better next year, and assuming Z is still with the team, he will look better. In case you haven't noticed, although Z makes the occasional gaffe, TEAMS SIMPLY DON'T RUN THEIR OFFENSES THROUGH HIM.

There are no NHL proven replacements for Z on the roster right now, so unless the Hawks trade for a big D like Z, or Stillman proves he can handle top 4 responsibility, the Hawks will be worse next year because their pmd will get pushed around by other teams. Replacing a replacement level d man like Z with below replacement level scrubs is not improvement.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I wonder if a deal around Zadorovs rights or sign and trade and Georgiev could be an option. They need somebody who can be physical to play on the 3rd pairing and have Kincaid signed for a couple more years.

Lankinen and Georgiev would be an interesting tandem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad