OT: The Official IIHF WCH2013 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't believe the USA rolled Russia that bad. First thing I thought was that Ovy was as much of a non factor as he was in the Rangers series. He actually had 2 points today. A goal and an assist, and matched his point total from the NHL playoffs.:laugh:

Joe Sacco better not go back to blimp Bishop either. John Gibson has been much better, and is undefeated I'm pretty sure. If he puts the Tampa Bay Tempur-Pedic back in for the semifinals game then he's ridiculous. He should have never taken Gibson out.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Finland in top 4 :O And we have 1 NHL player which is Lauri Korpikoski from Phoenix. Pretty sweet imo. Still Id say we should bring Antti Raanta (our #1 goalie) over. He is like 24, undrafted, so there is really no big loss if he doesnt pan out. Then again his superb play won the Finnish elite league cup for a mediocre team and now some games where finns got totally outplayed in the world championships.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Interesting... In international rules you can have the same player shoot over and over.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes Sweden wins! Hated to see it end in a shootout, but I'm glad Canada lost.

Who the **** is that Petterson guy? He just blasted a slapshot past leaning tower of padsa Mike Smith. That was an incredible shot, but at first I didn't like that he took the shot. The Sedin's couldn't score on the blimp with deke's, but Loui Eriksson beat him on a deke in round 1.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yes Sweden wins! Hated to see it end in a shootout, but I'm glad Canada lost.

Who the **** is that Petterson guy? He just blasted a slapshot past leaning tower of padsa Mike Smith. That was an incredible shot, but at first I didn't like that he took the shot. The Sedin's couldn't score on the blimp with deke's, but Loui Eriksson beat him on a deke in round 1.

I liked the long takeoff he took to build up all that speed and then push back Smith.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I liked the long takeoff he took to build up all that speed and then push back Smith.

I haven't seen a slapshot goal in a shootout in a while. Maybe Rolston with Minnesota. That was a pretty one though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Pretty sweet imo. Still Id say we should bring Antti Raanta (our #1 goalie) over. He is like 24, undrafted, so there is really no big loss if he doesnt pan out.

Sounds like Columbus (via Kekalainen) and Chicago have the inside edge on Raanta's services. Unless the CBA changed, Raanta's only eligible to get a 1 year ELC deal.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
What a game. I am completely exhausted. That SO slapper was just total boss.
That`s why they call him Hoss "the Boss". ;)

Great execution by a former Thrasher.

I haven't seen a slapshot goal in a shootout in a while. Maybe Rolston with Minnesota. That was a pretty one though.
You haven`t been watching much of the Blackhawks in the last four years, have you?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That`s why they call him Hoss "the Boss". ;)

Great execution by a former Thrasher.

You haven`t been watching much of the Blackhawks in the last four years, have you?

Who does the slapshot on their team in the shootout?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gibson and Trouba were just winning the gold at the WJC now they're major parts of this tournament? Come on guys, this tournament is a complete joke

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Tallinder has looked really good. And he was in against the Giroux-Stamkos line for most of the time it seems. Carries the puck well.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gibson and Trouba were just winning the gold at the WJC now they're major parts of this tournament? Come on guys, this tournament is a complete joke

Gibson has been very good, and is undefeated in this tournament. Let in a goal I think he'd like to have back against Ovechkin today, but has been real solid. Whereas that mattress fatso Bishop has lost the only 2 games for the USA.

I think because the tournament started during the first round of the NHL playoffs there wasn't enough talent to go around. Usually it starts when the second round of the NHL playoffs start. I guess Ryan Miller declined his invite, but Howard, and Quick are in the NHL playoffs, and that's why they aren't involved.

Tallinder has looked really good. And he was in against the Giroux-Stamkos line for most of the time it seems. Carries the puck well.
I thought he looked good too. He was out on a couple really long shifts too, and killing penalties like most of that major in the 1st period before Sweden got penalized and it got washed out.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Was Adam Larsson playing or was it some other Larsson? I only heard the name once in the second half so I was wondering if maybe Deboer was a coach for team Sweden and benched him :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad