OT: The Official IIHF WCH2013 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Didn't Kovalchuk do that with like seconds to go in the game? Chill with the "it's classless, he doesn't care for his team" talk.
(Unless this is all in jest and my sarcasm meter is broken. In which case carry on)

because no player has ever lost their cool!
:shakehead

Last edited:

MountainGoat

honestly, I like this stuff from star players every now and then, shows they care.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This. The game on international ice is totally different. All of this is just the result of frustration and seems like he really doesnt care for this team. Had he done that **** in the NHL POs, you wouldve decapitated him. Being out for the next game etc... Classless

People that don't care never go the Hockey World Championship just to start with, and there's plenty of those people. You may have the right to not like Kovalchuk's behavior against your National Team, I'd even say it's perfectly understandable. But you don't have any to question Kovalchuk's devotion to his National Team. He's one of the, if not the most patriotic player in the NHL.

He ****ing cares.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I don't care too much about the 'knock' at the end, the Finn is going down like a little kid waiting for Mommy to come to rescue anyway. The stick is BS though. I mean if you can't take some trash talk. I would only think that was OK if it was someone who actually deserves it, like Justin Brown or something. But some obscure player in a IIHF, that's just annoying.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I like when Kovy gets angry and sticks up for himself and his teammates. I don't mind the punch at the end. That slashing and the fake slash at the bench was ******** and screams "Im a little *****"...I expect a little more mental fortitude from a grown man that usually conducts himself with class.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
People that don't care never go the Hockey World Championship just to start with, and there's plenty of those people. You may have the right to not like Kovalchuk's behavior against your National Team, I'd even say it's perfectly understandable. But you don't have any to question Kovalchuk's devotion to his National Team. He's one of the, if not the most patriotic player in the NHL.

He ****ing cares.

losing his cool wont help the team, hence he doesnt do it in NHL

MountainGoat

very impressed with Radulov, too bad he makes the big bucks in the KHL

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Kovy is skating like he is 25 again, if this Kovy is out there for us next year we are making the playoffs. It definitely looks like he was saving up for playoffs , not wanting another injury.

Another assist for Kovy. 3-3 game. Kovy has 1g-1a

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad