Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I find this tournament to be the most difficult to predict a winner in recent memory. I'm not saying that anyone can win it but France and England have been underwhelming in the lead up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France is usually crap in friendlies before tournaments.
Not that I'm confident but not because of those games.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If the Czech’s young defenders hold up, they shouldn’t be pushovers

Whoops

(Have to quibble about the translation tricycle though? Three-wheeler I think would be the appropriate translation. Perhaps confused by the fact that they originally lied and said it was a bicycling accident.)

• Haha
Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With what a blast the group stages have been I hope this tourney keeps it up. The knockout stages could be really interesting with Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, and Belgium all on one side of the bracket...while England tries not to f*** up on the other...with plenty of interesting underdogs.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Quality of the games went downhill with the heat & humidity increasing imo.

Which is understandable, and also why every tournament going forward should be held in Scandinavia.

Also I think these German pitches seem to have some issues with water drainage.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Which is understandable, and also why every tournament going forward should be held in Scandinavia.

Only pitch I've seen with real problems is Frankfurt, and from what I understand the NFL is to blame for that. Might want a rule that any stadium set to host major tournament games is not allowed to host any other events forcing alteration of the playing surface within a year prior to the tournament.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Competition has sucked but the number of teams explains that.
They're trying not to most that 3rd place it's ridiculous.
Back to 16 please.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Back to 16 please.
Tournament has gone from one where it was incredibly easy and common for big nations to go out after the group stage to one where it's almost impossible to do so. It has its pros and cons. All favorites are still in the tournament and have a chance to step it up. Of course on the flip side, some teams which have played diabolical football will still play in the next round.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Back to 16 please.
You beat me to this.

There were some good moments in the group stage and maybe 2-3 exciting games but the top teams really looked disinterested because the path to a R16 is fairly easy.

The 16 team tournament was perfect. Lots of drama and teams needed to go all out in the group stage to get a meaningful result.

We do the arduous qualification campaign for a reason, to bring the best teams to the tournament. I highly suspect we will see a freaking 32 team tournament in 2028 with riveting matchups between Azerbaijan and Estonia trying to back themselves into a matchup against Germany.

Last tournament, a team with 2 losses backed themselves into a thrashing in the R16. This tournament, a winless team is probably going to get mopped up as well. How exciting...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You beat me to this.

There were some good moments in the group stage and maybe 2-3 exciting games but the top teams really looked disinterested because the path to a R16 is fairly easy.

The 16 team tournament was perfect. Lots of drama and teams needed to go all out in the group stage to get a meaningful result.

We do the arduous qualification campaign for a reason, to bring the best teams to the tournament. I highly suspect we will see a freaking 32 team tournament in 2028 with riveting matchups between Azerbaijan and Estonia trying to back themselves into a matchup against Germany.

Last tournament, a team with 2 losses backed themselves into a thrashing in the R16. This tournament, a winless team is probably going to get mopped up as well. How exciting...
And two tournaments ago, a team that went winless in the group stage and looked positively disastrous in those games ended up winning the entire tournament.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
All time European Championships table after the 2024 group stage

IMG_6138.jpeg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You beat me to this.

And the tournament before that a winless team won the whole thing.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There was nothing funnier than CR7 emotionally yelling at his teammate (I think it was Bernardo) for that horrible pass and Turkey then scoring on themselves in the same sequence. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I almost died of laughter because CR7 was more focused on bashing his teammate he wasn't even paying attention to what was going on. Legendary clip, and why he's a stud.

I really liked what I saw from this Romanian goalkeeper. Is he any good or simply average for the lot who've seen him play more than I have?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I really liked what I saw from this Romanian goalkeeper. Is he any good or simply average for the lot who've seen him play more than I have?

He's very good but a late bloomer and can be a bit conflictive with coaches. Happy for him anyway, rags to riches story, guy had a Charles Dickens like childhood, orphaned, dirt poor, the whole story.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

It's...also hot in Scandinavia in the summer.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad