The Official 2016 Summer Olympics Thread

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
Solo would be lucky to compete on a third division Albanian men's team. There's such monumental differences in the men's and women's game it's not even worth making such an absurd comparison.

Anyways, I'm happy to see the Americans eliminated. Attitudes like Solo's are the reason their squad is so universally reviled outside of home.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
DUIs are inexcusable, but the assault charges were dropped because it was self defense.

She was drunk and it was at her sisters house... plus they appealed that decision. All things considered I doubt it was in any way shape or from self defence but it doesn't really matter as she's a terrible human being regardless.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Solo pulled a Cristiano Ronaldo evidently :laugh:

It's kind of hard to be a hot female sports star and be unlikeable but she pulls it off on a yearly basis :P

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What exactly made Sweden cowards?>

Nvm see the quote now. Solo is such a POS. The USWNT is ridiculously annoying.

Agreed. In contrast, I like the USMNT because they aren't filled with annoying/awful people like Solo, Leroux, Wambach, etc.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Boy, all the USWNT haters coming out of the wood now that they actually lost a title. We'll see how many are still talking during the next tournament.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Agreed. In contrast, I like the USMNT because they aren't filled with annoying/awful people like Solo, Leroux, Wambach, etc.

The USMNT is a disgrace. They are horrible. The USWNT wants pay equality? **** that, they should be paid more than the men.

And now Abby is an annoying and awful person? Boy, you guys keep adding people to your list. Let me guess, you don't like that she is gay?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think they do everything to be hated tbh.
Solo's words AND actions are absolutely inexcusable.

Add to that your hilariously ridiculous posts, and you get the picture.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
KBNcZ.gif

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Hope Solo has no room to talk about soccer after the goal she gave up against Colombia. Anyways, disappointing result. Hate seeing bunkered in teams but I understand it.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The USMNT is a disgrace. They are horrible. The USWNT wants pay equality? **** that, they should be paid more than the men.

And now Abby is an annoying and awful person? Boy, you guys keep adding people to your list. Let me guess, you don't like that she is gay?

No they shouldn't and that's absolutely laughable.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The USWNT is more successful but they make far less money for the federation than the men's team. In this case it isn't sexism that leads to less pay but business reality.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

ffY2gal.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Hope Solo has no room to talk about soccer after the goal she gave up against Colombia. Anyways, disappointing result. Hate seeing bunkered in teams but I understand it.

Sweden will be destroyed by Brazil. That said, I'm not so sure the U.S. would have beaten them the way they've looked anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad