The NHL has gotta stop the BS after clean hits

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Matheson got 17 minutes , that’s the right call just wish the refs were consistent about it
Trouba has been jumped a number of times after hits in recent years, and the instigator has been called fairly often in those cases.

I feel like the situation is probably as good as is going to get. Calling the instigator may stop some of these fights from happening, but as others have said, players on the ice usually don't know if it's a clean hit or not, and they are going to jump in to defend their teammate.

The ironic thing is, when the tables are turned, and our own player takes a big hit, the players would be vilified for not standing up for their teammate. It's a no-win situation for them.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
well then, unless the players start posting here it's time to shut down hockeysfuture.

i mean, really. what a dumb comment. i'm sure there's lots of things players want, but they can't have (due to safety, game delays, etc etc etc). having multiple players jump a guy for a clean hit does nothing but slow the game down. and it certainly doesn't lead to less clean hits, if that's the intention- but if it did, that would be even worse.

i'd like to see some serious suspensions handed out next time something like this happens. if an interference penalty can cost you $5000, surely they can fine & suspend for this. if a guy gets smoked out there, you get his number and have a long memory. we don't need a wwe brawl.
They used to give 20 game suspensions. Sometimes more. How'd that work for ya?
Pronger was suspended 9 times. Smiles when he's asked about.
Twice in the play offs on a Stanley Cup run. ha!

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Fighting in hockey is in theory a pressure relief valve to avoid angry men for using their two-handed melee weapon during gameplay. In that respect this makes more sense that a lot of fights. But it's all BS and should be out of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad