The NHL asked... should Roman Josi be in the HOF ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I’m seeing the same dull comments about it being the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Good or whatever variation fits. I’ve never understood why some make out the HoF to be something it never was. Must be childhood trauma.

As of now, entering his age 34 season, only thirteen defensemen in league history have more 50+ point seasons than the eight he currently has. All but two (Larson and Gonchar) are in the Hall of Fame. Neither won the Norris that Josi has.

He has two runner ups for the Norris and an additional two top five finishes. Depending on how the rest of his career plays out and what the active players ahead of him do, he could wind up inside the top fifteen for most points by a defenseman.

He will easily make the Hall of Fame, with the proper stats, achievements, and FAME, that people are wringing their hands over.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I read that a lot and don’t get it. Here’s some inductees from a random 10 years span (1985-94).

Gerry Cheevers, Bernie Federko, Bill Barber, Steve Shutt, Leo Boivin, Buddy O’Connor, Herbie Lewis, Fern Flaman, Bob Pulford, Lanny McDonald, Edgar Laprade and Harry Watson.

Roman Josi arguably have a case ahead of every single one of those. People have a lot of nostalgia about players of the past. I think it creates a misconception that the requirements to make the HoF were higher back then that they are now. The list of inductees don’t support that.

Every year there always an inductee that’s causes an uproar that he doesn’t belong there and it turns into a mindless stats wars. People act like there a bench mark to make it like you neeed this many goals, points, hardware, cups when there really isnt such thing.

To me to it’s just something you would know without having to look up how many votes they got for an award in 1998. If you find yourself asking if this player belongs in the hall, there’s a reason why you’re asking that and they more likely belong there.

I can agree yes the hall isn’t perfect as is with any hall of fame. I thought Kevin Lowe was a questionable inductee but I think a lot of that comes from that his career after a hockey player got embarrassing. I also realize who am I to judge on the internet as some random person not involved in the game at any professional level on why this person belong there.

I just never get why people get all offended and act every year like it was some random 4th line career scrub that nobody heard of and makes the hall a joke.

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I’m seeing the same dull comments about it being the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Good or whatever variation fits. I’ve never understood why some make out the HoF to be something it never was. Must be childhood trauma.

As of now, entering his age 34 season, only thirteen defensemen in league history have more 50+ point seasons than the eight he currently has. All but two (Larson and Gonchar) are in the Hall of Fame. Neither won the Norris that Josi has.

He has two runner ups for the Norris and an additional two top five finishes. Depending on how the rest of his career plays out and what the active players ahead of him do, he could wind up inside the top fifteen for most points by a defenseman.

He will easily make the Hall of Fame, with the proper stats, achievements, and FAME, that people are wringing their hands over.
agreed. Its not Hall of Generational Players or Hall of Elite (who won a cup)*

old heads who argue that players who don't have a cup don't belong in the HoF is the dumbest thing

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad