The Next Ones (after Bedard)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I won't say McKenna is a generational talent because people (including myself) thought Roobroeck would be on that same level but wasn't. But since he got ES I'll give him the credit that he's about as close, but I think he's closer to Misa and Celebrini's level than Bedard's

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
McKenna and Misa are your best bets to be Stamkos level talents.

Landon Dupont is a special defender that may get ES in next years WHL draft.

Viktor Fyodorov I think is the bee's knees.

But I don't know if there is anyone I want to share that is on Bedards level, and the ones that have potential are too far out.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
If Misa or McKenna are as good as Bedard, then Bedard isn’t a generational prospect by definition.

If basically every book released within the last 50 years can be a "bestseller", and any writer worth their salt considers themselves a "bestselling" writer, then the word best has long lost its original meaning.

Perhaps we can treat the word generational in the same way, so that we have at least 5 to 10 generational players in the draft every year? :thumbu:

A host of generational players every single year, quietly burning down the villages... I'd like that!

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
I won't say McKenna is a generational talent because people (including myself) thought Roobroeck would be on that same level but wasn't. But since he got ES I'll give him the credit that he's about as close, but I think he's closer to Misa and Celebrini's level than Bedard's
Sorry I am confused who do you think got ES?

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It's tough as two of them are quite young (McKenna and Misa).

Celebrini is a franchise-level prospect (a supercharged Brayden Point). McKenna and Misa are interesting because if they take a decent jump next season in their development, I can easily see them start edging closer to Bedard.

Regardless, all three are trending as high-quality franchise-level prospects. But right now, I don't see any of the three in the next tier. Bedard had that "something special" about him due to his ridiculous shot at 15. By the time he was 16, it became obvious he was a generational-tier prospect.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Allgood, Melicherik...these are the most compatible names because the next Bedard will be a player from another generation.

If Misa, McKenna or others born around 2005 reach Bedard's level, then Bedard will not be a generational player.

Generational means best player of his generation. In the history of the NHL, there are only 5 that are indisputable (Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Crosby, McDavid).

Between Gretzky and Crosby - Lemieux, Hasek, Sakic, Jagr are rather exceptional.

So the next Bedard is either a child or not yet born.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Misa or McKenna are as good as Bedard, then Bedard isn’t a generational prospect by definition.

Would you say the same thing about Gretzky with the arrival of Mario 5 years later back in the day?

The term generational is loaded for sure but it's the basic idea of an elite among elite top prospects and Bedard is one of those regardless of what comes down the pipeline in the next couple of years.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
McKenna and Misa are your best bets to be Stamkos level talents.

Landon Dupont is a special defender that may get ES in next years WHL draft.

Viktor Fyodorov I think is the bee's knees.

But I don't know if there is anyone I want to share that is on Bedards level, and the ones that have potential are too far out.
The Dupont kid is nasty. Almost 2 ppg playing up a year as a defenseman. I would be shocked if he wasn't granted ES.

Reactions: Guyver

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
2 kids from Quebec to keep an eye on:

Alexis Joseph has been turning heads in Quebec for a few years - he's an 09 so there is a ways to go , he is also already 6'2 so it could be the case of early development, time will tell.

James Scantlebury is another, same age as Joseph in Quebec, these 2 just put up the best season of all time for their age in the U15 (bantam) aaa league - ahead of Xavier Parent who was basically a child prodigy at the time.

Maybe most notably of all, is the difference these kids had compared to their teammates. Joseph just put up 65 pts (43 goals) in 30 games on a team who's 2nd top scorer had 27 points. Even more ridiculous - Scantlebury had 53 pts in 30 games on a team whos 2nd top scorer had 10 points. He had 36 goals on a team where no other player had more than 4 goals...which is completely ridiculous. Both supposedly have major upside but again its far too early as we have seen in the case of Parent.

Reactions: Dominance

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The Dupont kid is nasty. Almost 2 ppg playing up a year as a defenseman. I would be shocked if he wasn't granted ES.
I’ve seen that kid play a lot in person and he totally dominates. Just moves so well with such great skill and an amazing shot.

Funny, about 6 months ago people were giving me crap for saying he is the top 09 for some reason but he has really caught everyone’s attention lately.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
No swedish candidates, of the 06-08s so far only only the 07s stand out, but Ekberg needs more motor to overall challenge for number 1 against whoever the top ranked north americans ends up being. Too much impact just in the finishing relative to the overall game to safely project, even though the numbers are bonkers. 2 big years of life left, so this could absolutely improve though.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
There was 8 years between Berard and McDavid. 10 years between McDavid and Crosby, 14 years between Crosby and Lindros. 7 years between Lindros and Lemieux. So based on this, I guess the next one is probably around 5 - 10 years old.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad