The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
My gripe is people talking about how we suck. We have two of are best players out hurt (go figure) and we started the season on the road. If you actually watched the games you would see we were very competitive.
Give it time jumpers!

Injuries are part of the game. They are not an excuse. Colorado was missing their captain and has the worst D corps in the entire league. Stalberg and Forsberg are no saviors.

Please read the title of this thread

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
My gripe is we won't do a dam thing to Downie when the Avs come here. No smashing him up against the boards every damn shift. It's what should be done.

Our corporate weakness/toughness makes me :rant:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Nystrom going at him was on the PK after a hit by Bartley. This was long after the fact of what should've happened. Old school hockey of protecting your guys is when Downie hit the ice for his next shift, gloves should've been off, not a period or so later. This whole passive aggressive approach to going at Downie or others who have done this is BS. Do it the first shift he's out, get it done with and move on. I see Gaustad saying, we've got a bunch more games with these guys. Great. Now we're back to the Anaheim situation from a few years ago, let's take some numbers down. BS.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Injuries happen. By the time Forsberg and Stalberg are back, two more guys will be hurt. The Avs were down their captain/best winger. You can't just assume things will get better after injuries.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Injuries happen. By the time Forsberg and Stalberg are back, two more guys will be hurt. The Avs were down their captain/best winger. You can't just assume things will get better after injuries.

Yeah. Team needs to be resilient, and needs to be able to produce regardless of the injury situation, as it's going to affect every team at some point.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Nystrom going at him was on the PK after a hit by Bartley. This was long after the fact of what should've happened. Old school hockey of protecting your guys is when Downie hit the ice for his next shift, gloves should've been off, not a period or so later. This whole passive aggressive approach to going at Downie or others who have done this is BS. Do it the first shift he's out, get it done with and move on. I see Gaustad saying, we've got a bunch more games with these guys. Great. Now we're back to the Anaheim situation from a few years ago, let's take some numbers down. BS.
:shakehead:shakehead
I know, the taking some numbers puke.

I lay the attitude at weber's feet, just cause he's the C, and he's big and tough. Fight him when you're out of the box and go back in. I don't care, just stand the **** up for your team. I do realize he reacted when it happened, but more should have been done.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
:shakehead:shakehead
I know, the taking some numbers puke.

I lay the attitude at weber's feet, just cause he's the C, and he's big and tough. Fight him when you're out of the box and go back in. I don't care, just stand the **** up for your team. I do realize he reacted when it happened, but more should have been done.

Part of that is on the refs though. Weber was ready to deal with it IMMEDIATELY, and got separated by the refs. Nystrom tried to deal with it, and was again thwarted. So I can't fully blame our team.

That aside, I don't think any of this has any real effect on whether players will throw hits against us. Even if Downie gets dropped by Hendriks, Gaustad...whoever, is that really going to stop another hit like that on Josi? Is that going to dissuade any other team's POS (i.e. Cooke, etc?).

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Part of that is on the refs though. Weber was ready to deal with it IMMEDIATELY, and got separated by the refs. Nystrom tried to deal with it, and was again thwarted. So I can't fully blame our team.

That aside, I don't think any of this has any real effect on whether players will throw hits against us. Even if Downie gets dropped by Hendriks, Gaustad...whoever, is that really going to stop another hit like that on Josi? Is that going to dissuade any other team's POS (i.e. Cooke, etc?).

And don't take this comment the wrong way but ask Steve Moore his opinion on this? His hit on Naslund, was clean, even Naslund admitted it, but his team took care of the problem and unfortunately he had a career ending injury as the result. Like I said earlier with Tootoo/Hemsky/Moreau, hits happen, clean or dirty but guys stand up for their teammates. Moreau did it the first time Tootoo hit the ice. That's all I'm asking for and it never happens.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
And don't take this comment the wrong way but ask Steve Moore his opinion on this? His hit on Naslund, was clean, even Naslund admitted it, but his team took care of the problem and unfortunately he had a career ending injury as the result. Like I said earlier with Tootoo/Hemsky/Moreau, hits happen, clean or dirty but guys stand up for their teammates. Moreau did it the first time Tootoo hit the ice. That's all I'm asking for and it never happens.

Did it stop Tootoo from making similar hits in the future?

I'm not going to touch the Moore incident.

Weber and Nystrom tried to stand up for their guy, and were prevented from doing so. If Downie's not going to drop the gloves his first shift out, are we advocating one of our guys grabbing him and MAKING him fight, regardless of the power plays we'll be giving up in a game we're still trying to win at that point?

Either way, I think Downie throws that same hit 10/10 times the next opportunity he has against us, no matter how our guys hold him accountable this time.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Did it stop Tootoo from making similar hits in the future?

I'm not going to touch the Moore incident.

Weber and Nystrom tried to stand up for their guy, and were prevented from doing so. If Downie's not going to drop the gloves his first shift out, are we advocating one of our guys grabbing him and MAKING him fight, regardless of the power plays we'll be giving up in a game we're still trying to win at that point?

Either way, I think Downie throws that same hit 10/10 times the next opportunity he has against us, no matter how our guys hold him accountable this time.

Anyone else notice that Coach Lambert lead off his interview in the 2nd period with "Guys I think we are expecting a fight here, better get prepared to call that...they are dropping the puck..."

Clune was put up on a scoring line to go opposite Downie with the instructions of fight him. Downie refused to go, Clune kept at him and the shift resulted in a Nashville power play when Downie two-handed Clune in front of the net after Clune challenged him again.

Downie didn't want to answer, except for maybe with Bartley, and the refs interfered when Nystrom took exception to Downie challenging Bartley. Downie had no issue with throwing punches at Nystrom after he could hide behind the linesman, but refused to square up and go...

Let's hope Josi was held out with minor symptoms as a precaution and that his evaluation on Sunday is fine and that he is able to return to action as soon as possible.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
If one season, and two games, out of the playoffs (after back to back second round showings) is all it takes, then I really do question the long-term viability of the franchise. What happens when the organization inevitably spends 4-5+ years as complete non-competitors, as all teams do at some point?
It depends. Were we ever true contenders? 1st rd exits are middle of the pack.

Pittsburgh went through its years of suffering (and attendance suffered too). But now they've been to the final several times, they've built up loyalty and brought in new fans that will sustain them if they go through a period of suckage again. A trip to the 2nd round won't have the same effect.

My biggest beef is that we were on the cusp of being contenders, mgmt was willing to spend at or near the cap max, and it's been downhill from there. Poile got a pass last time we were near being a contenders because of the whole Leipold ordeal, but this time there's no excuses. The guy doesn't have what it takes to built a contender. 30yrs is enough of time to see that.

2nd games into the season is by no means a way to judge a season. But on paper, it's not looking good.

Honestly, the worst that can happen is '98-'02 tendency to be a bad team, but be just good enough to pick outside the top 5. Trotz is great a turning a team of grinder scoring wannabes into a semi-competitive team. While it helps add a few extra wins, it doesn't bode well for a true rebuild.

And if the time comes we re-build again, well I have little faith Poile has what it takes to get us to the next step.

Frustrating times for sure.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
We are going to view Brunner and Grabo as the ones that got away.

This team stinks. I am sorry, but we aren't a competitor. We may sneak into the playoffs but what is the point? We are first maybe second round fodder. Let's just suck it up for two years and get the pieces we need to be the next Chicago. Build around the youth. Trade the old guys and give the starts to beck Watson etc. clean house.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday

the bertuzi-moore accident actually happened the game after the naslund hit.

You

Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, hopefully all those numbers throughout the years don't get mixed up and the wrong players get silent, negative vibes sent in their direction. Hate for that to happen.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Injuries are part of the game. They are not an excuse. Colorado was missing their captain and has the worst D corps in the entire league. Stalberg and Forsberg are no saviors.

Injures play a part in the game I didn't say it was an excuse but is common sense it is a factor.
I did read the title and gave my negative gripe. Why don't you please read the title.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

#Protip ... keep your mouth shut when you hit the opposing team's captain, knock him out of the game ... He declined 3 separate invitations ... Ruutu, May, Cooke & all the while Moore wouldn't shut the hell up ... which lead to Bertuzzi's infamous move.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
A major factor coming into this season was a breakout for Colin Wilson; anyone seen anything of him having scoring chances the first 2 games? What about the more than 1 occasion when there were actually 3 white jerseys BEHIND the net; have the Preds been working on shots off the goalies mask from there? Was that just a decoy announcement that Housley was taking over the PP; anyone noticed ANY differences from this last season's to this season's "special" teams unit when supposedly the Preds have the man ADVANTAGE????

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Exactly. All teams deal with them it is all part of playing the game. Your players and coaches/gm etc need to find a way to overcome the injuries be it through call ups trades etc.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Exactly. All teams deal with them it is all part of playing the game. Your players and coaches/gm etc need to find a way to overcome the injuries be it through call ups trades etc.

Or just having a team with a lot of depth to begin with......

.......which we clearly don't.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Lets see... Grabovski has 3g 2a (could have picked up from waivers), ex Pred Mike Santorelli (Vancouver) has 2g 0a. Both would be leading in goals and Grabo would be leading in points! Sure glad we let go Santo or did not grab off of waivers!! Would hate to score some goals!!!

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I didn't read the whole thread to see if this has been mentioned before, but that's ok because what I'm about to say can't be said enough:

Our Power Play Sucks.

OUR POWER PLAY SUCKS.

I watch alot of hockey - I have the CI free preview and all my football teams stink this year. Aside from a lone bright spot 2 years ago - I cannot remember a year in and year out worse power play from anyone in the league - even the dregs of the league like the Thrashers/Peg, Panthers, Flames, etc.

We can't even set up the puck for most of that offensive black hole of two minutes, much less generate any offensive pressure.

If we get a power play, we should probably have one of our goons just trip the next opposing player he sees, as we seem to be better at 4 on 4 than on the PP.

SmashingPred

Oct 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I didn't read the whole thread to see if this has been mentioned before, but that's ok because what I'm about to say can't be said enough:

Our Power Play Sucks.

OUR POWER PLAY SUCKS.

I watch alot of hockey - I have the CI free preview and all my football teams stink this year. Aside from a lone bright spot 2 years ago - I cannot remember a year in and year out worse power play from anyone in the league - even the dregs of the league like the Thrashers/Peg, Panthers, Flames, etc.

We can't even set up the puck for most of that offensive black hole of two minutes, much less generate any offensive pressure.

If we get a power play, we should probably have one of our goons just trip the next opposing player he sees, as we seem to be better at 4 on 4 than on the PP.

Game 1: I would've absolutely agreed with you 100%. At the end I was yelling at my TV because I was so frustrated by the failing set-up.

Game 2: Meh, I think the absolute biggest flaw is that we can't seem to keep the puck in on the first puck drop and then we can't re-enter the zone cleanly anymore. Seriously, EVERY TIME they either dump and lose it or ... okay and this pisses me off so much ... or either someone skates into the zone (YAY!) only to give a drop-pass towards the line AAAAAAAND IT'S GONE. FFS. :rant:

But really I seem more mad than I actually am. :p: If we manage to get the puck in cleaner I think the power play will be much improved. We seemed to be able to keep the puck in once we were set up completely. It's the set-up that's taking way too long.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
We need Forsberg and Stalberg back. I know it's scary putting so much on a rookie and a post-season scratch, but we need scoring. I'm happy we got tougher through free agency, which was needed, but we are not going to win rolling all four lines with 3rd/4th liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad