OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I think we can hold off on critiquing anyone else's musical tastes. One person's trash is another person's treasure, and it is all subjective. Lord knows some of my tastes wouldn't stand up to other's critique, but that's why they are MY tastes and not theirs, and we can learn a lot from another person's taste, even if it's that our tastes don't agree.

At least I hope that is the spirit of this thread.
I 100% agree. To each their own.

Meanwhile the “song” made my teeth itch and nauseous

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
To all the people I met while here, hoping they are out of there

"They hose you down, make sure you're clean Wrap you up in hospital green Shoot you full of Thorazine

Then upon some sunlit day They figure there's no need for you to stay They're pretty sure you can't be cured So they send you on your merry way"

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
To all the people I met while here, hoping they are out of there

"They hose you down, make sure you're clean Wrap you up in hospital green Shoot you full of Thorazine

Then upon some sunlit day They figure there's no need for you to stay They're pretty sure you can't be cured So they send you on your merry way"

You are such a cheery fellow. Thanks for making my day.

Reactions: Blowfish

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was never a big Linkin' Park fan, but my wife and daughter both are and they LOVE the new singer..
eh, I think they ruined themselves on this one. It seems like they had ZERO options to make an honest attempt at finding a new singer to fill the shoes so they went totally off the board, but this was a horrid choice.

As mentioned, it's karaoke. She isn't a bad singer but the material doesn't suit her at all.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I am not a huge fan of Emily Armstrong's voice for Linkin Park, but I liked her in Dead Sara, but in fairness I am not sure that there is anyone who could have fully replaced Chester.

Filling in as a new lead singer for an established band seems like a REALLY difficult task...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Thanks for posting this. I first discovered these guys when they put out Stay Positive. I loved that record and then dove back into some of their earlier stuff. Its like if you took the E Street Band, Husker Du and Elvis Costello and you put it in a blender.....

Will check, thank you for posting,

✌️🍁

I was never a big Linkin' Park fan, but my wife and daughter both are and they LOVE the new singer..
I know they were big at some point but I never listened. Same with so many of these nineties and aughts bands.

These days, it's all six miles above my head. And I'm fine with that.

Reactions: jgatie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad