OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I checked off two items from my bucket-list last night(Friday): one, seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd live in concert, and two, seeing Kid Rock live in concert! A third will be tonight when I see Jason Aldean.

5 bands in all yesterday with Saddie Bass opening, followed by Gavin Adcock, and then Travis Tritt. Skynyrd and Rock were the final 2 bands.

Skynyrd played for 90+ minutes
Kid Rock for 2 hours
Both shows amazing!!

Rock the Country, Ocala, Florida !!!

Kid Rock
All Summer Long

Tennessee Mountain Top

Cowboy

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm reluctant to post this, as it will get taken down shortly.

But some videos of Eddie Van Halen from 2007, rehearsing with his son and brother off camera in the drum room, keep surfacing.

The owner files copyright strikes, and the channels get taken down. It's a bizarre situation - apparently someone owns the actual video tapes, but doesn't own the intellectual property.

He sells them, but then a buyer posts them.

Whatever the legalities, they are fascinating to watch, and provide some of the best closeups of how Eddie played some of his countless classic riffs and solos.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Rock the Country, Ocala, Florida.
Last performance of the weekend was Jason Aldean who was headlining Saturday's lineup. He played hit after hit for a little over 90 minutes. I knew every song. His performance was clean, almost flawless. And while it was enjoyable, it seamed to be lacking the energy of the previous act which showed in the crowd reaction that seamed almost tame comparatively.

Jason Aldean
Girl Like You

Burnin' It Down

Let Your Boys Be Country

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Rock the Country, Ocala, Florida.
Last performance of the weekend was Jason Aldean who was headlining Saturday's lineup. He played hit after hit for a little over 90 minutes. I knew every song. His performance was clean, almost flawless. And while it was enjoyable, it seamed to be lacking the energy of the previous act which showed in the crowd reaction that seamed almost tame comparatively.

Jason Aldean
Girl Like You

Burnin' It Down

Let Your Boys Be Country

Great stuff

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad