OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Times are getting scary. I graduated from high school in 1970. This also happened then.

View attachment 860450

Don't be a-scared, Susan.

None of this is imposed from above.

We create the problems. Logically (ideally), it follows that we can create the solutions.

Better to light a candle than curse the dark,

1717049090220.png

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't be a-scared, Susan.

None of this is imposed from above.

We create the problems. Logically (ideally), it follows that we can create the solutions.

Better to light a candle than curse the dark,

View attachment 877347
I wish I felt good. I am pretty defeated about "No one is above the law". It SHOULD be true but doesn't appear to be.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
So, Sat night I went to hear a local band who plays all Beatles music.

It was in a small place in Milford NH.

They were quite good, and it was a nice night out.

View attachment 877398

I saw a Beatles cover band in Michigan about five years ago. I don't recall the name (not Rain). They were very good, and technology being what it is today, they were able to replicate songs like "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "A Day In the Life." Even if they had wanted to do so by '67 -- a year after what proved to be the end of their live shows -- the Fabs couldn't have created those sounds on stage. So, it was pretty cool.

PS The fellows above look uncannily like John, Paul, George & Ringo!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I saw a Beatles cover band in Michigan about five years ago. I don't recall the name (not Rain). They were very good, and technology being what it is today, they were able to replicate songs like "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "A Day In the Life." Even if they had wanted to do so by '67 -- a year after what proved to be the end of their live shows -- the Fabs couldn't have created those sounds on stage. So, it was pretty cool.

PS The fellows above look uncannily like John, Paul, George & Ringo!
They really don't look like the Beatles but they sounded great. The kept to the real songs and didn't add their own stuff in.

I have known the bass player for 50 years. I saw them last Fall and hadn't seen him for 40 years. He was always into music. Nice guy and still is !

Reactions: GordonHowe

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The thread has a vintage theme which I am all about.

That being said, old 35 year old me tries to stay young by listening to steady doses of modern indie music.

Wye Oak is a great band (duo, really) that flies well under the mainstream radar. Here's a really good song off their most recent album.

Reactions: aguineapig72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad