The most cringe-worthy hype video ever made...

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Was that a golf swing I saw? Probably not the best image to include in a playoff video unless you're implying something about the other team.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
there are almost no good results that can come from a team making a pg-rated, fan-driven, dance video

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
The vast majority of Preds fans I've seen online have been embarrassed by it. I'm always here for Crying Jordan, though.

I thought that dance move was a golf swing, too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We've already gotten past it.

They made a pretty funny music video about the city itself last year that went viral and I guess they think they can do anything and make it funny. Clearly they were wrong.

Honestly if it was like some kind of cheesy (audio only) song that they played in-arena between faceoffs it wouldn't be the worst thing ever but there's a video so, it is. Well, except for the girls and Terry Crisp.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think that making a synchronized swinging the golf club motion throughout the video may not have been the best choice.

I would say that this is as bad as the Sens' choices including the drunk gladiator before game one of their playoff series with the Pens, but it is much worse. The 300 Gladiator one some front office guy could have thrown together in an hour. Think bad idea up, hire some flabby drunk off the street, rent a gladiator costume including too big helmet. Write dumb lines for him to say and tape it to his oversized shield so everyone could see that he was reading it. Two hours to put this into effect tops.

This one?

That took weeks of practice. With multiple people involved, any one of which at any time could have and should have questioned what the hell they were involved in.

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
Wait.. are there people in this thread actually under the assumption that this video isnt supposed to be idiotic?

..Welcome to the internet

smh

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Wait.. are there people in this thread actually under the assumption that this video isnt supposed to be idiotic?

..Welcome to the internet

smh
Honestly at first I thought it was more or less a joke but so many people kept saying how dumb it was and I started believing it was supposed to be serious. It's not. I think it's dumb, but it's not meant to be serious.

If you watch a "music video" by them called Welcome to Nashville you can quickly tell they go for humor and they aren't serious. Not saying to actually go watch it, just saying maybe some Nashville people will see this and remember it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad