Pre-Game Talk: Decisions Decisions Decisions v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Let’s hope these ridiculous Skinner rumours are nothing more than gamesmanship.
I can already see Skinner giving up 2 quick ones and then a 3rd and then maybe a 4th before Knob pulls him. By that time the season is sewered and Skinner can reflect on it and come back again as our #1 next year because we are a shittily run organization.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
We need some new faces in the lineup...that's exactly what Van has done before Game 5 and it worked well for them.

Series is far from over...one or two lucky bounces for us and we can still take it to the next round.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
We know Ekholm was/is sick, and when you look at the interviews the last couple days several players look really fatigued and drained. Possible somethings going through the team?
It would be a pretty handy excuse if they lose, but might just be a reality.

Either way I have a hard time staying optimistic after last games performance. Il watch and hope they exceed my expectations.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Holloway
Foegele McLoed Gagner
Janmark Carrick Ryan

Stetcher in for Ceci.

Skinner for Redemption or Crucifixion, one or the other.
Drai Mcdavid Hyman
Kane Nuge Holloway
Mcleod Ryan Foegele
Janmark Carrick Brown

This is what I'd do. Get Mcleod away from the middle of the ice, scratch Perry

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I can already see Skinner giving up 2 quick ones and then a 3rd and then maybe a 4th before Knob pulls him. By that time the season is sewered and Skinner can reflect on it and come back again as our #1 next year because we are a shittily run organization.

And post game he’ll say he played well enough

Assuming he doesn’t go into hiding

Idk why, but I think Skinner comes in gets the win and takes his net back.

Everyone here is shitting on him. I have hope and bet we see a game 7.

I mean can you really blame people for shitting on him?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
McDrai is an awful strategy
Elaborate.

We played them together in game 3 and it was our most dominant game. We lost, but we could have scored 7. They completely controlled the game.

The Mcdavid line has been god awful, no better than Nuge on his own. We need to get Mcdavid in the game. We need a spark

The only negative I see is not getting the rest of the guys enough ice. You can switch that easily enough.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Elaborate.

We played them together in game 3 and it was our most dominant game. We lost, but we could have scored 7. They completely controlled the game.

The Mcdavid line has been god awful, no better than Nuge on his own. We need to get Mcdavid in the game. We need a spark

The only negative I see is not getting the rest of the guys enough ice. You can switch that easily enough.
It has almost never worked for extended periods of time, With them together the other team only has to worry about the oilers being a threat for 20-25 minutes a game, and th rest of the game is basically a cake walk. Apart and them playing well(that’s the big one) and then the other team can be pressed for 35-40 minutes.

Start them apart, use them together strategically and situationally is my opinion unless one of them is so hurt that they can’t carry a line anyways. Watching Mcdavid he’s either sick or the injury he has had all year is getting worse and if so you might need them together.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
It has almost never worked for extended periods of time, With them together the other team only has to worry about the oilers being a threat for 20-25 minutes a game, and th rest of the game is basically a cake walk. Apart and them playing well(that’s the big one) and then the other team can be pressed for 35-40 minutes.

Start them apart, use them together strategically and situationally is my opinion unless one of them is so hurt that they can’t carry a line anyways. Watching Mcdavid he’s either sick or the injury he has had all year is getting worse and if so you might need them together.
Mcdavid has also never been a no show like this for an extended period

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Starting Skinner would be such a bad idea that I almost expect them to do it. The way this team handles lineup decisions is quite frankly baffling.

And I don’t blame Knoblauch personally because it’s been going on before he came here.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Skinners reflection will be “I thought I played well”

Elaborate.

So the solution to McDrai being exhausted and playing like shit because they play too much when they are together…is to play them together?
So cool, that MIGHT win you game 6 but then 7 is just a duplicate of 5 but with Skinner in net so it’s a blowout.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Drai Mcdavid Hyman
Kane Nuge Holloway
Mcleod Ryan Foegele
Janmark Carrick Brown

This is what I'd do. Get Mcleod away from the middle of the ice, scratch Perry

I think on the wings / walls you need someone who is at least partially willing to engage in hitting. McLoed has a deep seated allergy to hitting. His speed is also effective down the middle. That said he’s been effective on LW with Draisaitl before however Kane has that spot locked down now.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
Skinners problem is excessive misguided confidence. He thinks he can improve by sucking and then thinking positively about it, not by actually putting in the work. How can one fix a weakness if they refuse to acknowledge the weakness exists.

He's not our future goalie.
Please tell me how you know he is not putting in the work?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I think we're all being too hard on Foegele. He forced Hughes to throw the puck over the glass and drew another call on Petterson. The problem is that Holloway is up with Draisaitl now and he's back to be a 3rd liner. IMO perry (slow) and McLeod (fast) have no business playing on the same line.

Move Perry down and he can muck it up with Carrick.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Holllway-Draisaitl-Kane
Janmark-McLeod-Brown
Foegele-Carrick-Perry

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Let's be honest, series would have been over if we start Pickard from the get go

That's kind of how I see it too.

Oilers should have swept the first four games with average goaltending. The Canucks showed up in game 5 and now we're upset because the boys got their ass kicked for 40 minutes. The damage is already down and now we're scrambling because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad