The Menu Part 7.77 I won absolutely nothing edition

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OK, this is the one valid excuse for that but please be sure to restock so this doesn't happen again or you'll receive a fine.

And that sounds like a delicious meal but dear god the calories. :laugh:
Oh trust me, we will get more. The wife hates cleaning those things. And before anyone freaks out about that comment, I cook, she does the dishes. That's the deal.

As for calories....we didn't eat a ton of each, just like variety. She only had 4 wings for example....I may have had more.

Oh, and we had carrot sticks and celery too....see, health food.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh trust me, we will get more. The wife hates cleaning those things. And before anyone freaks out about that comment, I cook, she does the dishes. That's the deal.

As for calories....we didn't eat a ton of each, just like variety. She only had 4 wings for example....I may have had more.

Oh, and we had carrot sticks and celery too....see, health food.
Like a sampler platter. Perfect.

And yeah, celery and carrots are basically negative calories so it all evens out.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Oh, nothing at all..

What's the new one?
Shades. They had one called goggles during the winter which I cursed myself for not grabbing more of. My buddy did an interview with the brewer and he teased about a “joke” beer called shades which just flipped the ratios on the hop bill. I didn’t make the same mistake again.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Shades. They had one called goggles during the winter which I cursed myself for not grabbing more of. My buddy did an interview with the brewer and he teased about a “joke” beer called shades which just flipped the ratios on the hop bill. I didn’t make the same mistake again.

I've been trying to not keep anything in the fridge and whittle away at the bottle collection, but that sounds delicious.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Complete unrelated note to booze. Can we take a minute to discuss Arby’s brilliant advertising and, call it for what it is, trolling.

They created a completely “meat”atarian carrot. It makes me smile.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
My wife's grandfather, who'd have been around 110 today, was a french farmer who was a widower for the last decade of his life. He used to eat a"bread soup" that always blew my mind. It was a very simple two ingredient two step soup. 1) Pour red wine into a bowl. 2) Put stale bread into bowl. 3) Enjoy.

@Striiker, thoughts?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My wife's grandfather, who'd have been around 110 today, was a french farmer who was a widower for the last decade of his life. He used to eat a"bread soup" that always blew my mind. It was a very simple two ingredient two step soup. 1) Pour red wine into a bowl. 2) Put stale bread into bowl. 3) Enjoy.

@Striiker, thoughts?
Yeah, that definitely counts as a soup. It sounds like adult cereal, which of course is a type of soup.

But also, depending on how the bread is sitting in the bowl, it could also be a bunch of mini-sandwiches at the same time. ;)

Those crafty Frenchmen and their food...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ok, my turn at steak!

image.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Swear to god skynet took over my phone. Or at least the servers for hfboards there for a minute.

What I meant to say was that looks tasty has hell. I’ve got personal days this week so after tomorrow I’m off.

Killing me smalls. Any chance you can make it in to the city for a later night? I've got vendors taking me out to monks tomorrow, then headed to my dads in Cape may before ocean city for July 4th with the fiancee. I fly out Sunday morning for work and sont come back to the philly area until the 29th... thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad