The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
200.webp

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
So I stopped into Benash today to grab a bottle of a John J Bowman Single Barrel store pick. For those that don't know, that's a $60 store pick Single Barrel of Buffalo Trace's Mashbill #1 and has the same grape note that most of their juice does. It's right on profile. That's less than the price of a shelfer Eagle Rare in NJ.

But the point here is that there was a scotch rep in the store while I was there, so I struck up a conversation. Next thing I know, he's pulling out samples and did a free tasting of 6 different options, 5 of which were 18-25 years old. Talk to reps. They're there to sell. The one I liked the best and snagged was the 14 year old. Go figure. The worst by a mile was a Macallan 18 Double Cask. You can beat that for $50.

Reactions: trostol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So I stopped into Benash today to grab a bottle of a John J Bowman Single Barrel store pick. For those that don't know, that's a $60 store pick Single Barrel of Buffalo Trace's Mashbill #1 and has the same grape note that most of their juice does. It's right on profile. That's less than the price of a shelfer Eagle Rare in NJ.

But the point here is that there was a scotch rep in the store while I was there, so I struck up a conversation. Next thing I know, he's pulling out samples and did a free tasting of 6 different options, 5 of which were 18-25 years old. Talk to reps. They're there to sell. The one I liked the best and snagged was the 14 year old. Go figure. The worst by a mile was a Macallan 18 Double Cask. You can beat that for $50.

The idea of ever drinking again right now makes me queasy.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Dead Guy IPA is tonight's beverage of choice...not bad...i think I liked last week's Double Broken Heels better

PXL-20231110_045035771.PORTRAIT_grande.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Other than a few breweries, more and more of what I drink is European. Apparently I'm a Quad guy now? Who knew.

Did you ever end up at The Seed?

I did not. My intention was to to go when I left the show. However, the best way I can explain wednesday night/ Thurs morning was that my alarm to wake up Thues morning went off at the roulette table.

It was not a good day.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I did not. My intention was to to go when I left the show. However, the best way I can explain wednesday night/ Thurs morning was that my alarm to wake up Thues morning went off at the roulette table.

It was not a good day.

Well of course it wasn't. You played a game where the house either has a ~2.6 or ~5.3% advantage depending on which wheel you picked.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I have absolutely cashed out immediately upon this happening. :laugh:

I wont lie. Theres a part of me that wanted to. then the double bluecoats from dinner started kicking in. and then... the next day happened.

On the bright side, new job starts tomorrow, so anything left on the table is "someone elses" problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad