OT: The Menu Part 23 - The Tripod & Kenny McCormick Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Belvedere is my go to..though I do have a little bit left of Haku which is amazing

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
It's going to crash and it's the one reason I've gotten slightly back into it after selling out a couple of years back. Popular distilleries like High West have doubled the MSRP of their limited yearly releases in the last 2-3 years. It's not sustainable.

The one bright side of the liquor side is that you know anyone who pays secondary markups for a lot of this stuff is a complete idiot. Eagle Rare is gas station liquor, but it's trendy. It should be ~$30. It originally got popular only because it was very good on the scale of its price point. Good luck finding it in NJ for less than 90-120 and it sells out immediately while $100 bottles that drink like $300 limiteds sit there because they're not made by the trendy distillery.
Eagle Rare still bothers me to this day. I swear it used to be $22-$24 dollars and on every shelf around here. I bought it because my wife liked it for being sweet and mild. I have no idea if it still tastes like that but its been years since I've seen it and I'm not looking.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
so before i go out to try and find it and spend money to maybe not like it...mead..who has had it? what's it like? i assume not so much like beer but more wine-like? where can I get some and what are some good ones
I tried making it once and it was bad. Just my experience.

Reactions: trostol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium