The Matt Cooke Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Yes, I went there...

Despite the negatives that came with him at times, Cooke could flat out play and was a huge boon on the PK.

All the best in Minny to a guy that not everybody liked but everyone on these boards at least realized went all out night in and night out.

Farewell Cooke Monster :handclap:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Happy trails, Cooke.

He definitely brought on a lot of animosity, and most of it deserved, before he changed his game. Still think he's a Hell of a third liner and PKer, even without the agitation side.

We're going to miss him a lot more than people realize.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
I'll miss the guy; hard nosed player and forechecked like a mofo.
Pretty intimidating before he was neutered.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Probably the player that I'm the most upset to see go, he wasn't even on my list of players I wanted gone. Consistent and great effort, one hell of a 3rd liner and PKer.

I wish he wasn't gone, but I guess it's good for him that he's gone.

Be good, Cooke.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Thanks for all the fish, Cookie.

Please don't murder Malkin or Crosby

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
the only one who showed up against the Bruins in the ECF besides Vokoun.

best of luck to Cooke and the Wild. i don't mind that they're all getting upset over them signing Cooke, so i propose a trade of Glass for Cooke at 50% of his salary and the 2nd round pick they got from the Setoguchi deal. :handclap:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Other than his old game and his being punished still for past stuff he was a solid player for the Pens. Good Luck, Matt.:handclap:

Pens just had to move on past that since they were still getting setback by your past. Great job on your turnaround.:handclap:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
dirtiest player in the league. took our savard and karlsson on purpose. doesn't belong in the league. good riddance. :sarcasm:

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Was REALLY hoping we could keep him for at least a couple more years at a hometown discount. I'm really gonna miss Cookie. Even in spite of all his past issues he's still one hell of a hockey player, which unfortunately often goes unnoticed.

That being said...our bottom 6 is DEFINITELY now screwed lol.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
matt-cooke-copy.jpg

MattCookeRing.jpg

He will be missed.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Yep, solid hockey player once he retired from goonism... thought he should have gotten more of a shot with Crosby early this year

even when he was a dirty S.O.B. he was still a solid hockey player, consistently scoring in double digits in goals, with 30+ points a season, along with being a very dangerous penalty killer. Anyone who really followed him throughout these playoffs would've seen first hand just how much of a heart and soul type of player he really is and how much his departure is gonna hurt our bottom 6 and PK...

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Thanks Cookie. Always puts in, got a lot of heart. We should have made room for him. I fear this may hurt us a bit next year

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Good luck Cookie. You were a great player while we had you but I'm glad you moved on. It got old really fast when you would get called for a penalty based on your reputation and it would kill us, i.e. Game 1 ECF 5 min major.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
One of my favorite penguins over the last few years. He always seemed to give a damn and played all out. He had speed, physicality, a surprisingly decent offensive acumen and was great on the penalty kill. He put his ass on the line on a consistent basis for the team and it had him trying to hover a fine line of physicality that in a league 20 years ago wouldve been considered fine but nowadays is considered exceptionally dirty.

I wish he wouldve been retained and I think his impact that he had on the team will be felt next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad