The Loss of Broberg and Holloway Gripe Thread

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well since it's still somewhat fresh and it's obviously pissed off a lot of people here's a thread to keep this discussion in so that it doesn't spill into other threads.

My take is that Broberg can f*** right off and keep on f***ing off. He never had the stones to come in here and earn a job in camp based on his play and then demanded a trade. He wasn't the player that he was in the playoffs for us at any point prior to that and obviously needed that extra time in Bako whether he wants to admit it or not. Food for him that he's off to a good start. We'll see how he does once other teams start to get the book on him and playing him physical consistently.

For Holloway he likely thought that he was a big enough piece that we'd match him and well that didn't exactly work out for him. I liked the player but it is what it is.

Reactions: rec28 and Oilhawks

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1725936440094560.jpg

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I'm more upset at Holloway, it was less than a million. But from his POV, the Oilers went out and got a few wingers that were blocking his upward mobility.

The biggest issue is why the Oilers did not see this coming when on HFboards we were worried about offersheets on July 1st. They clearly did not factor it, or they believed skinner and arvy were worth losing the other pieces. Either way it was a clear mistake by jackson, and it hurt us

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->