MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Stenlund... 09/27 1996
Matteau... 02/24 1994

difference 2 years and 7 months
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Matteau is an ideal player for the 4th line. Strengt, agressive with good hitting and enough speed. Stenlund not. He isn't aggresive, not really strenght. Even Laine has better hitting. Although... Patrik has very good hitting, Sergachev can confirm it. :sarcasm: He's slow. Hist style is for TOP 6 but not his qualities.
I can give you a list of two lines worth of 4th liners on our roster....and agree by all means Matteau would be among that list.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

He’s been a great Jacket. Was able to give Jack Johnson one more good year when paired, did the same for Ian Cole and nurtured Gav when paired in Gav’s first year. Seeing someone come to an end of their tenure with your home team - even when it’s time - is often a very sad moment.

Reactions: Halfboard and Monk

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Judging by the comments in here it looks like a good time to skip a GDT or two

upload_2021-4-8_17-59-44.gif

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If this is Captain Nick's swan song and if Savard is already gone, it's a sad day for this CBJ fan. Both are warriors and have given their all game in and game out. While Foligno is over played IMO, it doesn't detract from what he has brought to this team. When he had his 71 points season, I thought he was going to establish himself as a 60 points per year type of player. It wasn't to be, but I always thought that he should have accumulated more points than he did.

He was always willing to stand up for teammates, something which sadly is becoming a rare characteristic in many of the modern selfish and scared hockey players.

Reactions: MoeBartoli and Monk

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If this is Captain Nick's swan song and if Savard is already gone, it's a sad day for this CBJ fan. Both are warriors and have given their all game in and game out. While Foligno is over played IMO, it doesn't detract from what he has brought to this team. When he had his 71 points season, I thought he was going to establish himself as a 60 points per year type of player. It wasn't to be, but I always thought that he should have accumulated more points than he did.

He was always willing to stand up for teammates, something which sadly is becoming a rare characteristic in many of the modern selfish and scared hockey players.

In general yes and that is what I will miss but there wasn't much of that going on this season from either of them. This team has lacked heart and desire from vets and young players across the board.

Reactions: aRussian

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Tchigo, Cam has at least 6 seasons with at least 20 goals. He is tied with Rick Nash for all time franchise record of goals in a a season with 41. He is second all time on career goals scored. And THIS YEAR has 3 times more goals scored than Tex, Benatrum & Foudy COMBINED. Yet somehow you present a question that asinine !!!!! It is clearly not just my imagination that the quality of the commentary on this board is on serious decline.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Tchigo, Cam has at least 6 seasons with at least 20 goals. He is tied with Rick Nash for all time franchise record of goals in a a season with 41. He is second all time on career goals scored. And THIS YEAR has 3 times more goals scored than Tex, Benatrum & Foudy COMBINED. Yet somehow you present a question that asinine !!!!! It is clearly not just my imagination that the quality of the commentary on this board is on serious decline.
You betcha. Cam may not be a 35-40 goal scorer, but he’s still a productive player and excellent PKer.

Reactions: Monstershockey

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Two quick opponent goals with Savard scratched. His value is rising by his absence! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Grouchy

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I’ll repeat .. the only way that Elvis is traded is if Jarmo thinks Tarasov can take the reigns to start next season

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If the team wasn't motivated before, I am almost curious if they could play any worse after the deadline since we've all but signaled we're selling. If we play the same then all that tells me is that the team had no heart at any point this season. If we play worse then we played with whatever heart we had but seriously over-rated the talent that we have. Or we go on a streak and kill our draft position... Everything sucks going forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad