The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I finally beat the main storyline today and damn what a game. I loved 99.9% of everything about it...such an upgrade from BotW and a much more enjoyable story. My only negative is that the combat is utter trash, one of the worst I've played from a game in a very long time. I don't mind a challenge and making it tough, but you look at a great smooth fluid yet insane game like Elden Ring and then you look at TotK and the results speak for themselves. Surprised that a company like Nintendo with such a high record of quality gameplay thought it was okay to release a game as brutal as TotK was. My thoughts are that because you get so much "help" - if you could call Pejorative Slured AI sages' as help - with your team that they reduced the ability that you as Link could have and it is such a downgrade step I don't really want to discuss about it more lol.

Everything else though was magnificent, I spent loads of time cooking this time around compared to the first one and spent so much more time exploring because they did a great job scattering items that have meaning (though it was not perfect). I still have two regions to try and unlock which is why I want to keep playing it, but I want to move games as my back catalogue is so backed up at this point but I will definitely be returning in the future. Also, they sort of missed it with the music because the music is so damn awesome and epic in TotK, but rarely is heard because they went with the "RDR II" vibe.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My only negative is that the combat is utter trash, one of the worst I've played from a game in a very long time. I don't mind a challenge and making it tough, but you look at a great smooth fluid yet insane game like Elden Ring and then you look at TotK and the results speak for themselves. Surprised that a company like Nintendo with such a high record of quality gameplay thought it was okay to release a game as brutal as TotK was. My thoughts are that because you get so much "help" - if you could call Pejorative Slured AI sages' as help - with your team that they reduced the ability that you as Link could have and it is such a downgrade step I don't really want to discuss about it more lol.
I turned all those guys off because it was so cumbersome to use them. I agree the combat was lacking in general. I wish they added a hard mode or something because combat feels trivial after mid game.

The games are more for kids I guess and less so for Dark Souls fanatics so that aspect of game design by Nintendo does make some sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad