Marc Bergevin is an awful human being and a worse GM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ZiggyPalffyLA

Nov 14, 2010

It’s an old article but feels relevant to bring up after the Edmundson signing. Bergevin deserves your scorn as much as Blake does, if not more so. Just a shitty person who probably should’ve been banned from the league along with Q and the others. He’s infecting this franchise and destroying any semblance of a winning culture we had left.

And remember, Luc hired this guy even knowing about the Logan Mailloux debacle and all the other sordid shit Bergevin been involved in. Says a lot about the kind of person Luc is too.

And yes, I know he’s not our GM…yet. But Blake is feckless and easily persuadable so Bergevin is probably Wormtongue-ing RB’s ear for every decision. Once Blake is gone you know Luc will give his buddy the job. And AEG won’t care.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

It’s an old article but feels relevant to bring up after the Edmundson signing. Bergevin deserves your scorn as much as Blake does, if not more so. Just a shitty person who probably should’ve been banned from the league along with Q and the others. He’s infecting this franchise and destroying any semblance of a winning culture we had left.

And remember, Luc hired this guy even knowing about the Logan Mailloux debacle and all the other sordid shit Bergevin been involved in. Says a lot about the kind of person Luc is too.

Jesus Christ, such a shitty article,

Seriously, it literally says whether he knew or not, he was learning from those who did.....I mean holy f*** if that's the standard, who the f*** isn't touched by ANY scandal ANYWHERE.

He then goes on to talk about hiring Sean Burke in 2016, and brings up a DV charge in 1997, nearly 20 f***ing years ago, because if that's the standard, no one should be able to do anything because people can't change. (no idea if Burke has or not, not the point)

Literally the ONLY thing he might have in that article, is the drafting of Mailloux.....

But yea, that makes him a shitty human...jesus christ.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Edmundson was with Montreal when they went on their one-and-done SC run back in 20-21. It was the highlight of Bergevin's career.

Bringing in big Joel feels like nostalgia for the good times. Similar to Luc taking the Kings back to the Gretzky uniforms because that was Robatialle's best years with LA.

Legacy moves us forward.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Well Bergevin isn’t the GM of the Kings soooo? Bergevin also made a Finals appearance and won 7 playoff series during his tenure, which is 7 more than Blake will ever oversee in his managerial career. So who’s the “real” problem in LA?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Well Bergevin isn’t the GM of the Kings soooo? Bergevin also made a Finals appearance and won 7 playoff series during his tenure, which is 7 more than Blake will ever oversee in his managerial career. So who’s the “real” problem in LA?
They all are trash .. feral dogs .. wild hogs .. should be trapped, tagged, and moved to a national park.. seriously this the biggest collection of incompetent clowns you could amass in one org

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I think Fox was joking because he was playing golf right them with Blake -- probably read it when Blake was about to put.
But he doesn't realize how it comes across -- with the disaster that the Kings currently are right now. I seriously think they are so insulated that they believe the organization/team is doing great, are cup contenders and improved this offseason.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think Fix was joking because he was playing golf right them with Blake -- probably read it when Blake was about to put.
But he doesn't realize how it comes across -- with the disaster that the Kings currently are right now. I seriously think they are so insulated that they believe the organization/team is doing great, are cup contenders and improved this offseason.

Or......that he realizes the ebbs/flows ins and outs of professional hockey, after being involved and around it for more than 40 plus years, and has access to information that we don't have....

But that's too much to ask of this board, so let's go right back to bitching and whining....and here we go

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Or......that he realizes the ebbs/flows ins and outs of professional hockey, after being involved and around it for more than 40 plus years, and has access to information that we don't have....

But that's too much to ask of this board, so let's go right back to bitching and whining....and here we go
Ngl, I agree with this interpretation... I feel like he's probably having a little fun with the 'doom and gloomers' in this fan base that act like the sky is falling when a seemingly bad move or two happens (or when things just aren't going very well).

Let's be honest, as fans, we have the tendency to be pretty reactive - And at times those reactions can be pretty extreme. Sometimes those reactions are so extreme they're hilarious (when it's fans of other teams lol).

I saw a video yesterday of a Senators fan reacting to the Yakemchuk pick and the meltdown from this guy was both hilarious and simultaneously pretty sad. Like you would've legit thought this guy just received the most devastating news of his life.. In reality, his team just used a top 10 pick on a player they probably could've got a few spots later.

A lot of the time..... It's just not that serious. It's a professional sports team - Not a life & death scenario. If the team does well, hey that's awesome. If the team does poorly, hey that's unfortunate.... It's okay to be upset when things aren't going well - But acting like the world is on fire just because your team picked a prospect a little bit early or signed a bad defenseman to a 4 year deal is a bit extreme.

It's strange because a lot of the times the people who actually work in hockey (players, coaches, staff) seem to have an easier time with this than the fans do. Obviously they care - But they don't let these things ruin their lives.

Like why am I letting an Edmundson signing ruin my entire week?? That's not healthy lol. To me, Fox is essentially saying 'R-E-L-A-X' to the fans that are acting like all is lost

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
lol

The Kings cared about the drug use/abuse of Mike Richards only after he couldn't play anymore, and that was only after DL was trying to figure out a way out of his contract. And, of course, DL invited Voynov back to practice(and got fined for it), after he beat his girlfriend, which was after the league told them that Voynov couldn't participate with the team while they figured out how to punish him.

The rot started long before Bergevin, Blake, or Robitaille.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
the more i read into it the more i'm thinking it's just foxy being dumb as usual. he's been posting photos of some golf trip for a while now that looks like its east coast somewhere so i doubt blake's involved

think he just made that comment because the photo is of someone putting and that dude decided to pipe up in a subtweet for some reason so his boomer humor kicked in like he's interrupting the putt

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Tried to generate some AI images of Blake putting. No idea where the basketball came from. Sacramento Kings?

Designer.jpeg
Designer (1).jpeg
Designer (2).jpeg
Designer (3).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: kingsfanman

Kingnut

Jul 17, 2013
Add to that the NHL just re-instated Bowman and Quenneville. There are a lot of interviews from 2 mos to 2 yrs ago on youtube with Q and Torts and other players. Mad props to Robin Lehner and Brent Sopel in regards.

Q's interview he flat out stated that he did not know what was going on, find that hard to believe, especially after Sopel and another mgr raised this up the chain.
Love Torts interview regarding this situation.

Bowman and Q should not be in a position to manage kids, period! I get doing your time, but in this case, they did not do any kind of time.

The NHL shoulda vacated their cup that yr.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
lol

The Kings cared about the drug use/abuse of Mike Richards only after he couldn't play anymore, and that was only after DL was trying to figure out a way out of his contract. And, of course, DL invited Voynov back to practice(and got fined for it), after he beat his girlfriend, which was after the league told them that Voynov couldn't participate with the team while they figured out how to punish him.

The rot started long before Bergevin, Blake, or Robitaille.

“Both sides are the same.”

Brain rot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad