It's 6 games this year on Prime.

Then 12 next year

Then 16 the following year with another 4 Saturday nights

Then 30 the following year with more than half of Saturday nights

...you get the picture

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the NHL should just stream the games themselves on NHL.com.
They did, they had nhl.tv then killed it. Best time I ever had watching NHL regular season games was while living in Australia. $72/year for nhl.tv. 4k streaming @ 60 fps with a Chromecast, better quality than anything Robbers or Bellends ever give with their $100/month ultra HD packages. You could pause, fast forward, and rewind. I'd start a game at 8:30-9AM, skip all the ads and intermissions and be done watching in an hour and head off to work.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Other than the fact that they seem to purposely say "haawkey", it was great. They actually featured the Leafs, had the sound mixing right, and built up excitement. Not like Sportsnets sleepy broadcast where the newest thing they can come up with is trying another side camera angle on 4 Rogers employees sitting around tables of various shapes, being forced to have a discussion.

Having a set in the concourse is much better.

PBP was decent, room for improvement

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I just signed up and then cancelled.

Apparently you can keep doing it every month too if you want. It kinda reminds me of how I used to steal cable from Rogers as a kid. So I don't have any qualms about watching a hockey game for free courtesy of one of the richest people on the planet.

Screw you Amazon.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I just signed up and then cancelled.

Apparently you can keep doing it every month too if you want. It kinda reminds me of how I used to steal cable from Rogers as a kid. So I don't have any qualms about watching a hockey game for free courtesy of one of the richest people on the planet.

Screw you Amazon.

How to cancel Amazon Prime: Can I get another free trial?​

Amazon customers are only eligible for one free trial of Prime every 12 months. That means if you cancel your membership, and decide to give Amazon Prime another try, you'll have to immediately start with the paid membership rather than kicking things off with another trial period.

If it's more than a year later when you decide you want use Amazon Prime again, you'll have the option to try the service out again through a 30-day trial before you'll need to pay for a membership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad