The leafs on Prime Monday night

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I thought they played a tight game against NYR. I will give them a second look tonight though I still say without shedding of key salary they will never win the Cup regardless.

Berube has them thinking the right way though it seems, if they play playoff-style matches throughout the year it will help them get accustomed to this approach and allow them to perhaps succeed more than they have in the past due to repetition.

I've never blamed coaching on their failure to win in the playoffs though. It is all on them.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I don't know about you but iam really pissed off about this.
Leaf Nation gives enough money to the NHL . Now they it feels like Prime is holding us hostage to get the subscription

i DONT NEED MORE TV FOR ONE GAME and spend more money.
I feel sorry for people on a fixed income that can't afford all of this crap.

Rogers just spent billions and billions of dollars to buy MLSE but they allow a streaming to steal a game from them .
I feel like this is just the beginning.

I could see Prime using there fee to watch playoff hockey

If another games is on Prime I will be dumping rogers internet cell and cable.

Will sign up for Prime , sportsner and tsn on my fire stick and getting a cheaper internet service.

Rogers is the loser in all of this , they are a stupid organization.

Sorry for the rant but this really pissed me off.
Prime is worth having and is free for a great number of amazon customers. Trust me as someone who did what you did and cut the cord a couple years back and subscribed to Sportsnet and tsn those are terrible apps and constantly buffer and crash. I kid you not it is insufferable

Reactions: therealkoho

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is there no pre-game on Prime?
I just see ‘Watch Live’ @ 7:30

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So I’m on lookingat the zamboni icing the rink, picture looks fantastic……….

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Is there no pre-game on Prime?
I just see ‘Watch Live’ @ 7:30

Pre-games cost money to produce. Just like feature films.

Hence why Amazon buys up all the (mostly awful) "straight to streaming" movies & series because they are much cheaper.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This is the way. No shenanigans or blackouts on IPTV.

Had IPTV ... actually I think I just tossed the box, a MAG, can't remember the number ... for about 3-4 years.

Yeah, it was cheap, around $20 a month?

Could get way too much on it, but interface wasn't great. Used to watch Center Ice on it, but finding the games wasn't always straight forward.

We have had over 52 deliveries for myself this year, and probably another 100 for the kids, from Amazon. What is delivery cost for 150 deliveries that we pay $120. a year for?

For me Prime is a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: therealkoho

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Tuned in just now. Pre-game is kind of nice. The same stuff you'd see if you were actually at the game including warm ups I assume

Reactions: thewave

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Tuned in just now. Pre-game is kind of nice. The same stuff you'd see if you were actually at the game including warm ups I assume
You mean just showing the overview of the ice? There is no actual pre-game show like there was for the Habs/Pens?

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Hope we see warmups 2 of my buddy’s are right behind the Tampa net trying to get a picture for them

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
You mean just showing the overview of the ice? There is no actual pre-game show like there was for the Habs/Pens?
As of right now, it's really just showing the scoreboard with the usual in-arena announcements from Danielle Emanuele speaking, shots of the crowd, random shots of Union station for some reason lol, shots of the Leafs tunnel, etc.

No analysts speaking or anything like that

Now they're showing the teams coming out on the ice for warm ups

Reactions: sxvnert

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't know about you but iam really pissed off about this.
Leaf Nation gives enough money to the NHL . Now they it feels like Prime is holding us hostage to get the subscription

i DONT NEED MORE TV FOR ONE GAME and spend more money.
I feel sorry for people on a fixed income that can't afford all of this crap.

Rogers just spent billions and billions of dollars to buy MLSE but they allow a streaming to steal a game from them .
I feel like this is just the beginning.

I could see Prime using there fee to watch playoff hockey

If another games is on Prime I will be dumping rogers internet cell and cable.

Will sign up for Prime , sportsner and tsn on my fire stick and getting a cheaper internet service.

Rogers is the loser in all of this , they are a stupid organization.

Sorry for the rant but this really pissed me off.

Just FYI Leafs are also on Amazon next Monday. Amazon has a 30-day free trial. Just sign up watch the games and cancel.

They are also on Amazon December 2 (vs Chicago) so just get the free trial again and cancel again.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Watching this pregame actually makes you feel like you're at the game. No one is talking over, you see fans, see the warmups, hearing the music.

I'd love to see this as a permanent thing.

Maybe there is like a deal to be made Amazon does this for every game but the broadcast goes back to normal?

Reactions: OddyOh and sxvnert

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Watching this pregame actually makes you feel like you're at the game. No one is talking over, you see fans, see the warmups, hearing the music.

I'd love to see this as a permanent thing.

Maybe there is like a deal to be made Amazon does this for every game but the broadcast goes back to normal?
Only thing is I'd rather they just show the players actually warming up.

There's been too many close ups of the players faces for some reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad