The leafs on Prime Monday night

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It is what it is. Just dont watch the game then. If Prime brings in numbers they will continue to buy games, if it doesn't they will not.

You (and many thousands of others) NOT watching the game on Prime could impact their decision

Last edited:
Reactions: horner

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Yeah, its dumb to need to have any streaming service, but if you have prime already, no problem.

If you don't have it, can't you sign up for that 1 week free trial? they still have that, right?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Yeah, its dumb to need to have any streaming service, but if you have prime already, no problem.

If you don't have it, can't you sign up for that 1 week free trial? they still have that, right?
Yeah they probably do, and I'm pretty sure it's a month not a week. You can literally cancel right after joining the trial and have a month of Prime for free.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It’s odd that it’s only on Amazon Canada. You’re not make it more available by limiting it to fans that already know about the sports. The NFL makes their Amazon game available across the globe and it’s advertised every time you open the App.

Rogers sold part of their package of Canadian rights to Amazon.

Amazon has various sports deals around the world for local versions of Prime.

Also, Thursday Night Football is only available on Prime in the US. In other countries, the broadcast is available through other sources such as DAZN. Again n Canada, for example, Thursday Night Football is available through DAZN's NFL package as well as being carried by TSN and CTV2.

I use the Prime Video app all the the time and have never seen an ad for Thursday Night Football. Are you in Canada?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Every major sports league n North American has broadcast contracts that put or will put games exclusively on streaming services.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I had no idea this game was on Prime until seeing this thread. I guess I have to start paying more attention.

I have Prime and Centerice. I'm not sure though why the games on Prime aren't offered as part of the Centerice package (I mean, I know why...lol). The 64 000 question -- would I buy Prime for 5 Leafs games? No. But I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon (I hate stores) so it's kind of moot.
Exactly. I think it is 6 games! I also have it, the value is already high for me so this was an extra bonus. Pain in the @$$ for others no doubt.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Rogers sold part of their package of Canadian rights to Amazon.

Amazon has various sports deals around the world for local versions of Prime.

Also, Thursday Night Football is only available on Prime in the US. In other countries, the broadcast is available through other sources such as DAZN. Again n Canada, for example, Thursday Night Football is available through DAZN's NFL package as well as being carried by TSN and CTV2.

I use the Prime Video app all the the time and have never seen an ad for Thursday Night Football. Are you in Canada?
I did not tgat about the NFL games - they too make it more difficult for the average fan and maybe sports bars.
Thanks

I’m in the US. Every time we turn on prime I see the nfl game. Maybe it’s based on my viewing history?

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It's a rough year so far. StreamEast isn't doing well for weeks. RIP NHL66.ir most sportsurge.net links are a pain.

I might need to fire up a Kodi box.
I don't watch hockey on there (NHL Centre Ice), but do dabble in some other sports... good to know it's not just me. The amount of buffering (wheel spinning) is painful.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Honestly, I think Prime is a pretty good deal given that you get same or next day delivery, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime tv, Amazon photos (although I have no idea if I even use it), etc. The movie selection on Amazon prime is generally terrible, but I imagine they will continue to get more live sporting events, so I think it is a good subscription to have.

I've had a sub now for about 10 years. Never once had a problem and I've only returned like 1 or 2 things.

Reactions: Evilhomer

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I've had a sub now for about 10 years. Never once had a problem and I've only returned like 1 or 2 things.
Yup, as reliable or more than when you used to buy something at Sears, never a problem returning stuff even used……….

Can you "Watch Prime" on the PC ?
anyone ?
Sure you can, I’ve never done it though. My wife streams all kinds of shit on Netflix and Prime………

Reactions: Mr_Fun

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I did not tgat about the NFL games - they too make it more difficult for the average fan and maybe sports bars.
Thanks

I’m in the US. Every time we turn on prime I see the nfl game. Maybe it’s based on my viewing history?
You get ads for the NFL games because TNF is on Prime in the US. THF not on Prime in Canada, so I do not get ads for them. The exact programming available on Prime (and other streaming services) is different in each country.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Exactly. I think it is 6 games! I also have it, the value is already high for me so this was an extra bonus. Pain in the @$$ for others no doubt.
Yeah if you order from Amazon a few times a year, Amazon Prime pays for itself. I recommend paying for the annual payment if you are going with it as you save quite a bit that way.

They are basically trying to take over the world, in this case, squeezing out Netflix even though to me Prime is an inferior streaming product. Could the same be said 20 years from now? They already have a stranglehold on the retail market. It's insane how much the world has changed in the last 30 years alone with the internet and A.I just in convenience.

Take chess for instance. At the highest levels its unfortunately route memory for the first 15-20 moves or so, but the advent of A.I and online play means a GM today is exponentially better educated and more experienced than the sharpest GMs of 40-50 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: wingman75

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Generally watch the 1st period live, and then set the PVR and watch periods 2 and 3 after an hour break (watching other things with wife). Does anyone know if there will be any functionality to allow that ?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Generally watch the 1st period live, and then set the PVR and watch periods 2 and 3 after an hour break (watching other things with wife). Does anyone know if there will be any functionality to allow that ?
Yes, already been covered, you can still watch last weeks game, not sure for how long.
Don’t need the PVR it’s on Prime.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Can you "Watch Prime" on the PC ?
anyone ?
I'd tell you, but you've been giving me BS responses all day.

And yet, I will let you know.

But I actually don't know what you mean.

Like, can you access amazon.ca from a personal computer with Windows?

Because you can do anything with a personal computer with Windows, and hook it up to your 4k TV or whatever.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yes, already been covered, you can still watch last weeks game, not sure for how long.
Don’t need the PVR it’s on Prime.
yes, but I don't want to watch the next day (or week)

I want to watch that action that happened at (let's say) 8:30 at about 9:30 the same night with the ability to FF though commercials and intermissions

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK

I want to watch that action that happened at (let's say) 8:30 at about 9:30 the same night with the ability to FF though commercials and intermissions
I’m pretty sure when you select the game that’s already airing, it will prompt you if you want to join it live or restart from the beginning.

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007
The league did no such thing, you're confusing Rogers Communications Inc., majority owner of re the MLSE, and Rogers Communications Inc., owners of all NHL streaming rights in Canada until 2026, as though they are 2 separate entities.

The teams get no say, Rogers owns NHL digital broadcast rights in Canada, this is them selling some of it to Amazon.
It's to bad that they can't replay the game later on sportsnet maybe a 60 min game 😎 🤔

Prime live game

Sporrsnet replay

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

doesn’t matter, as it’s a streaming service, you can FF REW all the way up to live.
That’s why I said don’t need a PVR.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I imagine like any show on Prime once you stop watching it’ll give you the option to resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad