The leafs on Prime Monday night

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I had no idea this game was on Prime until seeing this thread. I guess I have to start paying more attention.

I have Prime and Centerice. I'm not sure though why the games on Prime aren't offered as part of the Centerice package (I mean, I know why...lol). The 64 000 question -- would I buy Prime for 5 Leafs games? No. But I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon (I hate stores) so it's kind of moot.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I had no idea this game was on Prime until seeing this thread. I guess I have to start paying more attention.

I have Prime and Centerice. I'm not sure though why the games on Prime aren't offered as part of the Centerice package (I mean, I know why...lol). The 64 000 question -- would I buy Prime for 5 Leafs games? No. But I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon (I hate stores) so it's kind of moot.
Honestly, I think Prime is a pretty good deal given that you get same or next day delivery, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime tv, Amazon photos (although I have no idea if I even use it), etc. The movie selection on Amazon prime is generally terrible, but I imagine they will continue to get more live sporting events, so I think it is a good subscription to have.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
This is exactly what Apple did with MLB Baseball and their "Friday Night Baseball". I have not given in to paying for AppleTV+ just got watch 6 Jays games. I have either not watched, listened on the radio or found a stream.

As for Prime, I already pay for the shopping convenience of fast shipping, so this is a bonus for now and I will definitely take advantage. I took a peek at the Pens/Habs game last week and was impressed with the quality even on a 1080p TV vs Sportsnet/TSN apps on my FireTV.

I think we have to get used to this going forward, with streaming services that will be bidding for more sports. Amazon will likely be the 3rd player in the next NHL rights deal as Rogers will for sure step back from their national broadcast righsholder, I'm not sure that it will be an 3 way even split because that would be a shock, but I would expect Amazon to push for more rights for Canada as well as the US.

One thing I would suggest is to try to download the Prime Video app on your smart tv or other streaming device like Chromecast or Roku, as when I tried the other game in a browser window, it was not a 60fps stream, but rather choppy 30fps, at least in FireFox. Could be better in Chrome or other Chrome based browsers but I don't use that.

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Rogers selling the Monday night package to Amazon has been talked about on the main bards and in particular the Business of Hocky boards since it first came to light in March or so of this year.

The games are not part of the Centre ICe package because they are national games and the Centre Ice package does not include national games.

The Prime games will also mot be available on Sportsnet+ Premium, because it only includes national games on Rogers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad