Proposal: The Last Trouba Trade Offer.Take It Or Leave It!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jets wouldn't have the cap space to add Hamilton and pay Gaudreau his 7m+

If the Flames GM calls you up and offers you Gaudreau, you don't worry about future cap space. You hurry up and file the paperwork before he sobers up, and figure out the cap later.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg

Trouba Hamilton is a wash,

Hamilton and Trouba are a saw off imo. Trouba

I am not sure I would even trade Hamilton for Trouba .

Downgrade from Hamilton to Trouba.

Hamilton>Trouba?Really?Give Wpg GM a call and offer him a mid-first and two seconds for Trouba(the price Calgary paid for Hamilton) and see if he takes it.To get a young stud RD like Trouba for picks it would have to be 2-1st in the top 10 minimum!

Did 22yr old Gaudreau have a better year than 19yr old Ehlers?Yes.

19yr old Ehlers scored 15g/23a/38pts playing on the 3rd and 4th lines as a rookie in the NHL.

19yr old Gaudreau was playing in his second year of NCAA.

How much better will Ehlers be during his 22yr old season?

I should have also added that Johnny Hockey is barely 5'7" while Nik is 6'0".Somewhere down the line that's gonna mean something.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hamilton>Trouba?Really?Give Wpg GM a call and offer him a mid-first and two seconds for Trouba(the price Calgary paid for Hamilton) and see if he takes it.To get a young stud RD like Trouba for picks it would have to be 2-1st in the top 10 minimum!

Just because Boston's GM was stupid enough to trade Hamilton away for a pittance doesn't mean he's not every bit as good a d-man as Trouba.

This trade is just ridiculously lopsided for the Jets.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Just because Boston's GM was stupid enough to trade Hamilton away for a pittance doesn't mean he's not every bit as good a d-man as Trouba.

I hate to use logic in this place but don't you think Boston offered Hamilton to every team in the league(due diligence)and the best offer was 15/45/52 picks???

You won't get Trouba for that believe me.

This trade is just ridiculously lopsided for the Jets.

Short term maybe,but ask yourself what are the Flames' long term goals?To win the Stanley Cup of course.Who do they have to get past to make it to the finals?The Oilers of course.

Now can they ever hope to match the Oilers top end talent?No!Never!

So how are they going to defeat the Oilers?By having a more balanced team with better defenseman.

Upgrading from Hamilton to Trouba and adding more scoring dept with Ehlers(a 30-40 goal scorer) and Roslovic(forming a strong second line with Tkachuk) could go a long way to reaching the Stanley Cup.It worked against Gretzky and the Oilers in 1986.

/Logic

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Lucky for us Sweeny forgot his meds that day, tell you what! Calgary will be more than happy to keep our own young right handed stud dman and watch him continue to develope while still out pointing Trouba 2~1

I should have also added that Johnny Hockey is barely 5'7" while Nik is 6'0".Somewhere down the line that's gonna mean something.
Join the crowd of millions who have said that since he was 8 years old and then you'll realize that movement has always been proven wrong.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Lucky for us Sweeny forgot his meds that day, tell you what! Calgary will be more than happy to keep our own young right handed stud dman and watch him continue to develope while still out pointing Trouba 2~1

Hamilton is a human pylon who has been a -minus player since he joined the Flames.Good luck with your getting past the Oilers goals in 2017.

Join the crowd of millions who have said that since he was 8 years old and then you'll realize that movement has always been proven right.

FTFY

For every Gaudreau there are 100 Dale Derkatch's.......

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1332

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
IMO Jets would be foolish if they traded Trouba. I think he will be one of the anchors of the Jets defence very soon.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

People said that about Marty St. Louis forever. When he won his Hart in 04, all people said is he wouldn't last. 10 years later, he was playing for Team Canada at the olympics. Size doesn't mean crap for a forward if you have the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad