Proposal: The Last Trouba Trade Offer.Take It Or Leave It!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Only thing good about Trouba is the "Trouba" curve I have on my Sherwood stick.

The player is overrated.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Flames hang up the phone, cancel their phone plan, throw their current phones in the trash, purchase new phones, and get a new phone number with a different service provider.

Haha, ahh that made me laugh.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Winnipeg and it's personnel are quickly becoming the most overrated bunch on these boards.

Hell no is the response I expect from Calgary.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So, you think the proposed trade above is a joke? Toronto would take it without blinking and the Flames would hang up laughing, right?

Yes. The value favors Toronto, Toronto takes it just like the Jets would in the proposed OP.

Even though Rielly > Trouba.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
To Calgary:Trouba,Ehlers,Roslovic(or Dano)

To Winnipeg:Gaudreau,Hamilton,2nd round pick

Roslovic will be playing with Tkachuk in London this year and could form 2/3rds of a pretty good line in the future for the Flames.

Gaudreau>Ehlers(Ehlers is exempt from expansion draft,Gaudreau isn't)

Trouba>Hamilton

No one adds.

I'll file the the trade with the NHL Hockey Operations after I finish supper.

You can't be serious, so Ill omit the smileys.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Downgrade from Hamilton to Trouba.
And then the Jets get JG too? Not a chance. Laine doesn't get you Gaudreau.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
To Calgary:Trouba,Ehlers,Roslovic(or Dano)

To Winnipeg:Gaudreau,Hamilton,2nd round pick

Roslovic will be playing with Tkachuk in London this year and could form 2/3rds of a pretty good line in the future for the Flames.

Gaudreau>Ehlers(Ehlers is exempt from expansion draft,Gaudreau isn't)

Trouba>Hamilton

No one adds.

I'll file the the trade with the NHL Hockey Operations after I finish supper.

Must have had bad oysters for supper.
PU

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Winnipeg fans have taken tons of grief on this board for suggesting essentially that 99.9% of the offers on this board are unattractive, that the Jets do not need what most of you have to offer, and that Winnipeg's needs if they were to trade Trouba would be to acquire a Trouba-clone.

Elliotte Friedman earlier today basically stated that since drafting Laine, the Jets don't really need much of anything:
“I’m not sure where that one’s going to go. But Winnipeg, I think, is looking at it and saying, ‘Hey, we don’t have as many needs now, so if you want to get Jacob Trouba off our hands, it’s going to have to be a great offer. We’re not just giving him away.’”
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Heh.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Winnipeg fans have taken tons of grief on this board for suggesting essentially that 99.9% of the offers on this board are unattractive, that the Jets do not need what most of you have to offer, and that Winnipeg's needs if they were to trade Trouba would be to acquire a Trouba-clone.

Elliotte Friedman earlier today basically stated that since drafting Laine, the Jets don't really need much of anything:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Heh.

I wonder if the Oilers were looking at Trouba for a forward and then went in another direction with Hall for Larsson.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wonder if the Oilers were looking at Trouba for a forward and then went in another direction with Hall for Larsson.

You have to imagine they didn't want Hall anywhere near the Western conference. Could you imagine playing him a few times a year and potential playoff implications down the road.

The last thing you want to do is trade a top 5-10 positional player close to home. It's asking for a guy to light your ass up in a 7 game series :laugh:

That being said, I think if Trouba is moved, the return is going to be staggering. The price for a top 4D with upside has been set. Look at the past few seasons. For a top 4D, especially an age appropriate one you have to give up:
1) elite talent, Hall, Johansen
2) equivalent D, Myers/Bogo, Subban/Weber

Hell, even for middle-bottom NHL guys the market is tough. Kris Russel, who still is jobless a month away from the league starting up; netted a potential 1st (2nd), a decent prospect and a bottom 3 Dman.

Defence is a luxury teams don't give up. Over the past decade the only team to win a cup without a beast backend has required two generational centres, a star goalie and stud hotdog eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad