Pre-Game Talk: The last PGT of the season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The circle jerk on the main boards is certainly something to read!

Canuck, Leaf, Florida, LA, and Calgary fans have all joined together to extrapolate and paint false narratives, all while ignoring their own delusional fan bases. And this is while the Oilers are in the cup final. The self-awareness is lacking.
F u kc them all.

It’s us against the hockey world, at this point.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It's not over until it's over. One game at a time. At the end of the day, we're still in the Stanley Cup Finals and many teams would kill to even be in this position even being down 0-3.

This team had two 8 game win streaks and a 16 game win streak this year. Just need to pull off a 4 win streak.

LFG

Lets be real - the 2 8-game streaks weren't consecutive matches against arguably the best team in the East lol Quality of opponents matter and unfortunately, we dug ourselves into the worst hole possible

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Canuck, Leaf, Florida, LA, and Calgary fans have all joined together to extrapolate and paint false narratives, all while ignoring their own delusional fan bases. And this is while the Oilers are in the cup final. The self-awareness is lacking.

Only one of those groups has any business talking shit and there's only a handful of them anyway.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah you are speaking out of my soul...a disappointing start to the euros would have killed me...I am at a bar in Edm and could watch it...some Scottish man came after the game (I had a German jersey on and a an oilers hat) at least one of your teams won he said...which is true and valuable.

I would still trade that German win (cause I think they are good this year and will come out of the group stage either way) against a win yesterday...but it is as it is.

Hopefully we aren't swept tomorrow cause the shit show on the mains will be extreme hyperbole.

Thanks for reaching out

Yup, when it's a double disappointment between two sports, it's too much (for that Scotland fan it would be a tough day assuming he's an Oilers fan too). Glad you found a place, while fußball is not nearly as popular here, Edmonton has a good showing for world tourneys and there are a few bars dedicated to showing.

I agree, I think some will be sleeping on Germany this time around since they've had some disappointing showings in recent tourneys, but they have some great young talent coming up and they are playing as a cohesive team under Nagelsmann again.

I think they will win tomorrow, especially if we see Skinner bounce back and the top 6 / PP start to produce. The mains are insufferable either way. It's sad to see, but it's rarely about actual hockey discussion there

Anytime, hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and safe travels!

Reactions: BertMcDrai

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Wtf even

This guy has to go.

The last 6 places in +/- are all Oilers players...how is this possible after three series wins?

Just pathetic...but nonetheless the top5 players still hasn't scored a goal in this series...there are lots of problems outside of Nurse and Skinner especially in this series.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Lol Florida fans can talk shit. The rest? I see three teams that are currently our bitch and the Leafs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yup, when it's a double disappointment between two sports, it's too much (for that Scotland fan it would be a tough day assuming he's an Oilers fan too). Glad you found a place, while fußball is not nearly as popular here, Edmonton has a good showing for world tourneys and there are a few bars dedicated to showing.

I agree, I think some will be sleeping on Germany this time around since they've had some disappointing showings in recent tourneys, but they have some great young talent coming up and they are playing as a cohesive team under Nagelsmann again.

I think they will win tomorrow, especially if we see Skinner bounce back and the top 6 / PP start to produce. The mains are insufferable either way. It's sad to see, but it's rarely about actual hockey discussion there

Anytime, hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and safe travels!
Enjoyed the game. Albeit the usual people showing not much. Sane, Kimmich, Kundogan showed next to nothing. Sane's particular skill seems to be building positions and wasting them. Rudiger scoring in own net. Germany showing a lot and I liked the newer additions like Wirtz, Gross, interesting to see the growth of Mussiala and the return of Fullkrug!

Seems like everything that Mussiala is, Sane isn't, and seemingly never has been for Germany.

Kroos, nice to see him returned but doesn't look like same player of course. Could do without Muller still on the club.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
443ED381-C603-4598-96C0-825F9D61AD95.gif

Oilers down 3-0? Tis but a flesh wound.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I am really really hoping the Gags in full practice was indicative of him playing tomorrow. Nothing left to lose give the man his deserved game in an oilers shirt.

Reactions: subnet

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Enjoyed the game. Albeit the usual people showing not much. Sane, Kimmich, Kundogan showed next to nothing. Sane's particular skill seems to be building positions and wasting them. Rudiger scoring in own net. Germany showing a lot and I liked the newer additions like Wirtz, Gross, interesting to see the growth of Mussiala and the return of Fullkrug!

Seems like everything that Mussiala is, Sane isn't, and seemingly never has been for Germany.

Kroos, nice to see him returned but doesn't look like same player of course. Could do without Muller still on the club.

Usual suspects have been a bunch of nothingburgers (hopefully they stay that way and not actively pull a Nurse like Rudiger lol)

Kroos IMO was excellent. Just a solid all around player. That pass on one of the goals was sublime

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Usual suspects have been a bunch of nothingburgers (hopefully they stay that way and not actively pull a Nurse like Rudiger lol)

Kroos IMO was excellent. Just a solid all around player. That pass on one of the goals was sublime
Oh I'm a big fan. But he's not the same it seems and there was sloppy plays and giveaways. understood he probably lacks for game experience. I have no idea what Kimmich and Middlestadt actually do either.

But certainly a lot of strong players in lineup. I worry about the back against better squads.

This coach though, he has them playing more like German football. Decent build, take shots from distance, pound balls, possess everything. When Germany doesn't have ball they just demand it back.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
This series reminds me of the beginning of the year. Some solid numbers stats wise and fancy state wise with horrible results.

It's why I don't think it's just.. OMG Bob is amazing.
The Oilers had this happen to them at the beginning of the year from multiple good and not so good goalies.

I believe there's something related stress, expectation, pressure wise that ends up showing up in their ability to finish a scoring chance. They just make an absolute mess of them. Not forcing great saves but making a great chance into an easy save.

If we swapped the goalies in this series. Yes we'd probably be winning. But only because Bob doesn't give away any cheezers like Skinner does. Basically I think we'd still have the same amount of goals. We'd just a few less against.

Reactions: Kerberos

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

You guys are lucky you’re cheering for an actual favourite.

Imagine cheering for the Oilers and Canada at the COPA America…

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am really really hoping the Gags in full practice was indicative of him playing tomorrow. Nothing left to lose give the man his deserved game in an oilers shirt.

He has been in full practice all playoffs. Today he was wearing a top 6 white jersey but he was skating with the 5th line.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Foegele Draisaitl Perry
Janmark Henrique Brown
Holloway McLeod Ryan

are the anticipated forward lines I read a few minutes ago. I would like to see him in over Perry myself too. If we're going to go down, give him a shot. Nothing to lose at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad